Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Guess The Score - Playoff Edition!

The NHL is back, and so is a Sportscardforum Guess The Score Contest!

How does it work? It's easy! There will be a new thread posted for a game. You just need to reply in that thread with your prediction for the final score.

It doesn't matter if the score you picked has already been taken. Many people can pick the same outcome.

How does your pick win? Well, if you pick the exact score, of course that's a winning pick. What if nobody picks the exact score? We will go through this criteria:

1. If you pick the exact score, you win.
    2. If nobody has the exact score, the following criteria will be used:
    - Must have the correct winning team
    - Closest to the exact score of the winning team
    - If still tied, closest to the exact score of the losing team.

Here's an example:

The Edmonton Oilers beat the Chicago Blackhawks 6-3. Nobody picked that exact score, so I'll go looking for tie breakers.
    6 people picked the Oilers to win, so they're all still "in it".
    2 of those people had the Oilers scoring 6 goals in a win, so it's just down to them.
    One person picked 6-5, the other picked 6-4. The one who picked 6-4 wins..... if the scores picked had been 6-2 & 6-4, then there would be a tie for the win, and both people would get it. What if nobody picked the Oilers to score 6 goals? Well, then 5-3 Oilers would be the next best guess.

What can you win? SCF Reward Points! Why are those something you want to have? Well, if you look around the site you'll see there are members here that will trade their cards for Reward Points.... but more recently you'll see that SportsCardCollective has been running group breaks like this one, where SCF Reward Points were how one could buy in.

For each game that's posted, the winner will get 25 Reward Points, and one point in the contest. At the end of the playoffs, whomever had the most correct picks will be deemed the overall winner, and they'll get an extra 500 Reward Points. 2nd place will get 250, and 3rd place will get 100.

To give you an idea of the scheduling on this contest: For the play-in round, and the 1st round, I'm planning to post two games per day (one East, one West). For the second round (and later) I'll be aiming to post all games, but probably never more than 2 per day (I don't know what the schedule is going to look like, that far out). There will be a new sub-forum added here (under Contests) where all the game threads will be posted. I will add a link here once it's up.

Typically I will post a whack of threads at the beginning of the week. You can guess the score immediately after I posted, or wait until right before puck drop. The deadline to enter will be mentioned on each thread, as game times to vary.

I'll keep a running total of who won, and when, in this thread. It will get updated weekly. All Rewards Points will be paid out at the end of the contest (after the Stanley Cup is awarded).

There has been a subforum added for all of the individual game threads here:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...-Score-Contest

Good luck to everyone!

The points are updated, through the end of the games played on 09/20/2020

@fatfrank +11
    @cjs-sportscards +12
    @Atlantaman +13
    @30ranfordfan +11
    @mq13 +1
    @opulent jupiter +10
    @sparty07 +1
    @pwskelly +13
    @pwaldo +8
    @jsokol1626 +13
    @rjabreu88 +10
    @scooby10672 +3
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-29-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

FYI to everyone:

I was away all last week, so I have not been tagging winners in each thread yet. I'll do that later today / tomorrow (probably a bit of both). New threads up for the first eight games this week.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

going to bump this one, since the new round has started. These totals are current through the games played on August 23rd (three games into round 2).

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

just added the games from 8/25/2020 to the totals. @jsokol1626 has pulled into 1st by himself, with 10!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just added the latest points. @Atlantaman has pulled into the overall lead!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

We're into round 3.... and @Atlantaman has the lead!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for playing guys!

Here's the final tally. With winning on the last game of the season, @pwskelly created a three way tie for first:
    @pwskelly +13 @jsokol1626 +13 @Atlantaman +13 @cjs-sportscards +12 @fatfrank +11 @30ranfordfan +11 @rjabreu88 +10 @opulent jupiter +10 @pwaldo +8 @scooby10672 +3 @sparty07 +1 @mq13 +1

Everyone will receive 25x their number of points in RPs now that the contest was over. There was also to be a bonus 500, 250, 100 to be payed out to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Since there's a three tie at the top, I will have the 1st place amount (500) sent to each of you.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Thank you for running this contest. It was fun and a tight race right down to the end.

Joe
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Thank you for running this, I really enjoyed it!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks @30ranfordfan for running this contest, much appreciated and a lot of fun.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.