Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which Qualifying Round Upset is the Most Shocking

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Habs over Penguins

11 52.38%
  • Blackhawks over Oilers

9 42.86%
  • Coyotes over Predators

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Most Shocking Qualifying Round Upset?

Discuss!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As much as I legit did not expect the Canadiens to win more than one game, I have to give the nod to Chicago over Edmonton. The Oilers were once again a huge disappointment in the post-season, done in by a team that shouldn't even be here, and yet more frustration for McDavid & Draisaitl. Their big two players were excellent, but the rest of the team couldn't carry the slack. Hawks moving on to play Vegas in Round 1 now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions New York Yankees Washington Capitals
    Twitter: @@VamosCards See jmc_70's Items on eBay Instagram: Upper Deck ePack

Hawks are the youngest team in the league, no?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

i picked the coyotes. price can win a series on his own, everyone knows that, and though i didnt see any games, sounds like he did. oilers weakness has been goalies for years now, until they fix that they wont go far in the playoffs, just my opinion
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

oilers weakness has been goalies for years now, until they fix that they wont go far in the playoffs, just my opinion

Agreed 100%. I felt there were better backups on most of the other teams than Smith or Koskinen. The Oilers really need to address this position over the summer if they hope to advance next year.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agreed 100%. I felt there were better backups on most of the other teams than Smith or Koskinen. The Oilers really need to address this position over the summer if they hope to advance next year.

I agree here. There's an old saying that "goaltending isn't a problem until you don't have it," and clearly the Oilers do not. With all the firepower up front they can light the lamp a bunch but it's not like the 80's where you can just keep piling it up and 6-5 is just as good as any other victory. So yes they get a 1:8 shot at Lafreniere, but they need to do some serious soul-searching and figure out what to do with some of the guys they have up front and maybe explore swapping them for someone credible between the pipes because 38-year old Mike Smith isn't the answer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

I'm sure it's crazy but I think they should have tried to put something together for price. His age and contract, I wouldn't be surprised if the habs might move him for the right price. Put him in edmonton and theh win 2 out of the next 3 cups imho

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Montreal win isn't shocking at all. Look at Montreal's record with and without Paul Byron in their lineup and you will realize that they would have easily made the playoffs if he didn't get injured. A lot of people forget that he is one of a handful of players who could give Connor McDavid a run for his money in the fastest skater competition. I had a good laugh yesterday every time the Toronto Sports Network (TSN) reprobates stated that both Tampa and Philadelphia wanted to win so they would get Montreal. They always seem to forget how happy the players out west were when Weber moved to an Eastern team.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    NULL NULL

I'm sure it's crazy but I think they should have tried to put something together for price. His age and contract, I wouldn't be surprised if the habs might move him for the right price. Put him in edmonton and theh win 2 out of the next 3 cups imho

issue with moving Price especially to Edmonton is cap room. Few if any teams have the room to take on a 32 Goalie that is signed for 10.5mil over the next 6 seasons. Of the say 12 teams that have about 2mil or more in space few are contenders or would need a goalie. The only way Price is not a Hab for the next 6 years is 1 the NHL does another option were teams can buy out a players contract with no penalty. 2 The Habs are willing to take on 10.5 mil in contracts to offset Prices contract that some other team would have to take on to make it under the cap.

To me Price is a good goal on a Avg team with a really bad long contract. But it could be worse the Habs and their fans could be FL with Bob.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    NULL NULL

Watching the Dallas VS St Louis game on NBC the players and staff are board in the bubble. They now have Fans in the stands but not people fans. They put 4 air cooling fans in the seats. No one said what type of fans needed to be in the stands. That was so funny to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast