Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

what is a fair trade value for .....

hi

i have a couple printing plates
    Patrick Kane
    Jonathan Toews

what would you guys/gals consider a fair trade value for them.

i have heard anywhere between $50-$100.

does it depend on year? brand? colour?
    i know they are all 1/1 (i guess)
    but are they comparable to other versions of actual cards marked 1/1

thank you

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The year / brand will certainly make a difference.

If these are Rookie Card plates, I'd expect the value to be much higher than something like Compendium.

$50 - $100 ? I don't know the market well enough for either of those two to speculate. I would say that I won't pay $50 for a plate, not even one that's autographed.... but that's me, and generally my player (Bill Ranford) had be had for much less.

IMO, if you could get $75 on them, you're doing very well..... but, as I said, I don't know the market for those guys well enough.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2017-18-Tril...AAAOS™™™JfFMDw

For plates that aren't anything extra special (they're 1/1s, some people really like them, I get that... not knocking plates.... but by that I simply mean it's the plate from a random base card, not in his rookie year) the $20 that one sold for, would be about my expectation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

hi
    i know they are all 1/1 (i guess)
    but are they comparable to other versions of actual cards marked 1/1

Are they really 1-of-1? Or are there more than one, but only one is released to the public? I find it, sort of, hard to believe that they only use one plate of each color to produce the large quantity of each base card found in sets. Especially the basic sets like UD, OPC, etc...

I would think thee are back-up plates in case of damage, wear and tear, or other issues.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Most modern aluminum alloy plates are good for hundreds of thousands of printings.... modern printing (and more importantly ink) is a lot easier on plates.

I would think the better question is if more than one player of card XYZ is used at once. For speed, some printers have sheets of cards with multiple copies of the same card. Pro Set used this back in 1990-91 to CRANK out millions of cards.

Plates are usually only changed if scratches (from handling) or major changes appear. Plates are also super cheap now adays... the money is in setting up the press and getting the run going. Cards that are #/50 or leas still impress me because of the mere seconds of printing it takes to rattle off this print run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i was fascinated by that whole process
    makes me wonder who comes up with these things and how the whole units are put together.
    waaay above my pay grade lol