Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Post Rookies Eligible for 2020-2021 Upper Deck Hockey products

Hey everyone,

Just saw this earlier and I wanted to post it up here on the forums. Here is a confirmed list of bubble players who will be eligible to have rookie cards in 20-21 Upper Deck hockey products.

Also, I have also heard Lafreniere will also have a Young Guns rookie in Series 1 as well.

Will you be looking out for any of these rookie cards in 20-21 Upper Deck products ?

Alexander Alexeyev, Washington Capitals
    Alex Belzile, Montreal Canadiens
    Mikhail Berdin, Winnipeg Jets
    Shane Bowers, Colorado Avalanche
    Philip Broberg, Edmonton Oilers
    Brayden Burke, Arizona Coyotes
    Bowen Byram, Colorado Avalanche
    Jalen Chatfield, Vancouver Canucks
    Dylan Coghlan, Vegas Golden Knights
    Brandon Crawley, New York Rangers
    Ty Dellandrea, Dallas Stars
    Philippe Desrosiers, Florida Panthers
    Reid Duke, Vegas Golden Knights
    MacKenzie Entwistle, Chicago Blackhawks
    Thomas Harley, Dallas Stars
    Connor Ingram, Nashville Predators
    Pierre-Olivier Joseph, Pittsburgh Penguins
    Oleg Juolevi, Vancouver Canucks
    Vitali Kravtsov, New York Rangers
    Peyton Krebs, Vegas Golden Knights
    Philipp Kurashev, Chicago Blackhawks
    Kevin Lankinen, Chicago Blackhawks
    Emil Larmi, Pittsburgh Penguins
    Philippe Maillet, Washington Capitals
    Ryan McLeod, Edmonton Oilers
    Connor McMichael, Washington Capitals
    Michael McNiven, Montreal Canadiens
    Jake Oettinger, Dallas Stars
    Brian Pinho, Washington Capitals
    Chase Priskie, Florida Panthers
    Darren Raddysh, New York Rangers
    Alec Regula, Chicago Blackhawks
    Nicholas Robertson, Toronto Maple Leafs
    Mat Robson, Minnesota Wild
    Stuart Skinner, Edmonton Oilers
    Victor Soderstrom, Arizona Coyotes
    Kirill Ustimenko, Philadelphia Flyers
    Vitek Vanecek, Washington Capitals
    Joseph Woll, Toronto Maple Leafs
    Artem Zagidulin, Calgary Flames
    Yegor Zamula Philadelphia Flyers
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    NULL NULL

Thanks for posting this. Is it me or is the carry over rookies weak this year? I guess as expected.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oh, so this is how they'll have a Series 1, lol.

Thus far, I've been expecting it to be Lafreniere plus carry overs. If they're letting them make cards of the guys who practiced for a few weeks... that certainly makes things more interesting.

Who will I be interested in? The three Oilers (Broberg, McLeod, Skinner). I probably won't bother with the YGs though, hold out for something better. Add Tyler Benson to that list too, as I assume they'll make RCs of him next season as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

It'll be interesting to see how breakers price out the non-playoff teams without any young guns.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

It'll be interesting to see how breakers price out the non-playoff teams without any young guns.

Those teams will be cheaper (at least for Series 1) but they could still have YGs

Buffalo, for example, could have Dalton Smith & Jonas Johansson. They made their NHL debuts in 19-20, but too late in the season to get RCs this year.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oh, so this is how they'll have a Series 1, lol.

Thus far, I've been expecting it to be Lafreniere plus carry overs. If they're letting them make cards of the guys who practiced for a few weeks... that certainly makes things more interesting.

Who will I be interested in? The three Oilers (Broberg, McLeod, Skinner). I probably won't bother with the YGs though, hold out for something better. Add Tyler Benson to that list too, as I assume they'll make RCs of him next season as well.

Not just practice, but also guys who are eligible to be playing in games in "Stage 4 of Return to Play" -- the only notable omission from that list seems to be Alexander Romanov for the Habs. He was allowed to practice with the team but isn't allowed to play in the qualifying round or the actual playoffs. Byram, for the Avs, is listed on the roster and is eligible to play. He likely will not, but he could.

There's a few guys there I will probably chase, particularly the guys who played for Team Canada at the Juniors this past year.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

You've also got these guys. Carry over rookie. These are the guys that would have had live RCs in Artifacts, OPC, and MVP:

Austin Poganski STL
    Brennan Menell MIN
    David Kase PHI
    Gilles Senn NJD
    Ryan MacInnis CBJ
    Jansen Harkins WPG
    Joel Kellman SJS
    Jordan Gross ARZ
    Dalton Smith BUF
    Lukas Vejdemo MTL
    William Lagesson EDM
    Mason Marchment TOR
    Joel Kiviranta DAL
    Thomas Di Pauli PIT
    Niko Mikkola STL
    Keegan Kolesar VGK
    Timothy Liljegren TOR
    Matiss Kivlenieks CBJ
    Anthony Angello PIT
    Kieffer Bellows NYI
    Jonas Johansson BUF
    Alexander True SJS
    Maxim Letunov SJS
    Gustav Lindstrom DET
    Jake Evans MTL
    Tyler Benson EDM
    Liam Foudy CBJ
    Alexander Yelesin CGY
    Jason Robertson DAL
    Egor Korshkov TOR
    Andrei Chibisov WPG
    Martin Kaut COL
    Gabriel Vilardi LAK
    Calvin Thurkauf CBJ
    Joshua Norris OTT
    Gage Quinney VGK
    Lucas Carlsson CHI
    Michael Anderson LAK
    Jani Hakanpaa ANA
    Nikolai Knyzhov SJS
    Morgan Geekie CAR
    Nicolas Beaudin CHI
    Brandon Hagel CHI

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not just practice, but also guys who are eligible to be playing in games in "Stage 4 of Return to Play" -- the only notable omission from that list seems to be Alexander Romanov for the Habs. He was allowed to practice with the team but isn't allowed to play in the qualifying round or the actual playoffs. Byram, for the Avs, is listed on the roster and is eligible to play. He likely will not, but he could.

There's a few guys there I will probably chase, particularly the guys who played for Team Canada at the Juniors this past year.

I mean, the Stage 4 thing, of course, is very unique..... but Byram (as an example) would be no different IMO to a player that that took part in training camp, play an exhibition game or two, started the season on the 23 man roster... never played... and was then returned to junior (has that ever happend? lol)

I don't THAT scenario I just painted would allow for them to get a card.

That they're do something to deepen that checklist makes sense though, and good on the PA for letting them do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    NULL NULL

Noah Dobson with NYI this year played a little (34 Games). and was never sent back down to CHL. I guess they said he was to good for CHL and to young for the AHL but not good enough for the NHL. what a wast of a year. he only got in 34 games due to a regular dman got hurt in jan and feb

Barrett Hayton was another he played 20 games in the NHL and 5 in the AHL but sat most of the year on the bench. why? i know this has nothing really to do with the comments above but why do teams do that like what they did with Byram.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Noah Dobson with NYI this year played a little (34 Games). and was never sent back down to CHL. I guess they said he was to good for CHL and to young for the AHL but not good enough for the NHL. what a wast of a year. he only got in 34 games due to a regular dman got hurt in jan and feb

Barrett Hayton was another he played 20 games in the NHL and 5 in the AHL but sat most of the year on the bench. why? i know this has nothing really to do with the comments above but why do teams do that like what they did with Byram.

Byram's WHL season ended when the CHL had to call it quits. He's turned pro now, so his participation burns a year on his entry-level contract I believe. Obviously the Avs feel as though he will be ready to join the big club for the 2020-21 season, so integrating him helps him learn the system, get familiar with the club and the players, and he'll be that much more prepared for NHL-level hockey next season....just like Romanov for the Habs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast