Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

2020 Topps NOw and 2020 Projects

I noticed a lot of sellers are buying 2020 Topps Now and 2020 Topps Projects at about $144 for 10 cards. That is about $14.40 per card. Then they sell them for about $18 with free shipping. Their total cost is $144. Their total income is about $180. That is only a $36 profit. The problem is they then ship for free so $35 goes into shipping. They have a $1 profit. Oh and then ebay takes their fees and they are in the red. So why the heck are people losing money to sell them on eBay? Someone please enlighten me? I just bout the Mariano Rivera Jesus Saves card. I was going to buy 10 to resell and then I did the math and I'm perplexed. Lots of guys actually make less because they are selling at like $17.74.
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll give the people some credit and say they are terrible at business and go with the theory that they are just snapping up EVERY Topps Now and Topps 2020 card that shows up with the hope that they will take off for whatever reason. Some of the cards were really hot and sold for a ton but most don't. So if they can gobble up every single one and break even on the losers and have a massive profit on a couple of them it should make their time worth it. But it could also be an influx of a ton of new "collectors" entering the hobby and not knowing what they are doing. For example you have people buying 2020 Topps Chrome looking to hit Jasson Dominguez when he is isn't in that product. They don't know the difference between 2020 Bowman Chrome and 2020 Topps Chrome
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

That is a great theory.
    I'll give the people some credit and say they are terrible at business and go with the theory that they are just snapping up EVERY Topps Now and Topps 2020 card that shows up with the hope that they will take off for whatever reason. Some of the cards were really hot and sold for a ton but most don't. So if they can gobble up every single one and break even on the losers and have a massive profit on a couple of them it should make their time worth it. But it could also be an influx of a ton of new "collectors" entering the hobby and not knowing what they are doing. For example you have people buying 2020 Topps Chrome looking to hit Jasson Dominguez when he is isn't in that product. They don't know the difference between 2020 Bowman Chrome and 2020 Topps Chrome

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Some of those people are newbies in the hobby, Peter, and they're buying up everything they can find, thinking they can get rich quick, but leaving nothing for casuals and set builders (I fall in the latter category), which is wrong. I've had five months of frustration (and counting) to vent.

For those people who can't tell the difference between Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome, don't they read the wrappers? SMH.
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08