Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Pittsburgh Steelers Offering Virtual Autographs

Once upon a time it was possible to get autographs from Pittsburgh Steelers players as they walked to and from training camp practices at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe. With the Steelers holding training camp 2020 in a ‘bubble’ at Heinz Field, those days are over, at least for the foreseeable future. But the organization has come up with a nifty workaround.
    https://heavy.com/sports/2020/08/pit...al-autographs/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Smh. The only part of that article that was any good was the part about Mean Joe Greene talking about taking pride in his signature and his disappointment in the sloppy and lame autos of lots of current athletes.

This virtual autograph thing along with the digital cards is something I just don’t understand. To me it’s not real. If it where I’d just screen shot every card I see on eBay and say I own that card.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Smh. The only part of that article that was any good was the part about Mean Joe Greene talking about taking pride in his signature and his disappointment in the sloppy and lame autos of lots of current athletes.

This virtual autograph thing along with the digital cards is something I just don’t understand. To me it’s not real. If it where I’d just screen shot every card I see on eBay and say I own that card.

That shows you how out of touch we are. I absolutely hate digital cards but you know what they have a place and I have to respect it even though it makes no sense to me. Look at ebay and you will see a ton of digital cards for sale LOL.

I wish more of the newer kids in all sports cared about their auto's like the old timers.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don, your right. I knew you where right when I typed that up. Everyone collects differently but geeze that’s just something I can’t understand. A digital card just does not exist. You don’t own anything. Eh I’m just too old and starting to be a crotchety old man. Just today while me and the wife where in a restaurant waiting to be seated there was some 20 somethings in front of us talking and even they annoyed me. Just had an attitude like they new everything. Then they started talking about pass ports and one said something about expiring after five years. Another said “ya it’s five or six”. I wanted to scream at them that’s it’s every ten years! Wife reminded me how we used to be 25 once and I had to remind her how I actually did know everything when I was 25 but have since forgotten most of it. She laughed. End of old man rant.
    But good for the Steelers trying to make fans happy! I can get behind that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don, your right. I knew you where right when I typed that up. Everyone collects differently but geeze that’s just something I can’t understand. A digital card just does not exist. You don’t own anything. Eh I’m just too old and starting to be a crotchety old man. Just today while me and the wife where in a restaurant waiting to be seated there was some 20 somethings in front of us talking and even they annoyed me. Just had an attitude like they new everything. Then they started talking about pass ports and one said something about expiring after five years. Another said “ya it’s five or six”. I wanted to scream at them that’s it’s every ten years! Wife reminded me how we used to be 25 once and I had to remind her how I actually did know everything when I was 25 but have since forgotten most of it. She laughed. End of old man rant.
    But good for the Steelers trying to make fans happy! I can get behind that.

To only be young again. With ya there as I am past the 50 mark and like you I have forgotten so much stuff over the years. I didn't think I knew it all just thought I was invincible and could do anything. Still have the mindset just not the body that can handle anything anymore. If I try the body lets me know the day after in a big way.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well just to be clear about the “me knowing all” part. That was just to get my wife to laugh. I only said it here in hopes it would make you laugh as well.
    Like they say “youth is wasted on the young”.