Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

After all, isnt grading mostly a matter of an opinion? Professionals at PSA, SGC and BVG are all humans like we are. They make mistakes just like we do. The only problem with also cracking any case and selling raw is people not knowing if it's truly authentic. Reprints have flooded the market, which has practically hindered anyone's collection of vintage raw cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Grading isn't perfect by any stretch, BUT.. I traded some 1933's for the 54 Robinson and I lost out. If the Robinson had been graded and they caught the "re-coloring" that I missed, I may not have made the trade and kept my older cards. I look at a lot of graded cards and there are definitely times when I think the grade is too high and/or too low. I recently bought a 1964 Philadelphia Bob Lilly. It looks amazing. I compared it to some other PSA 7's of the same card. Mine looks way better in general eye appeal and corners and edges. Either way, I love the card and can't wait to have it in my hands! If I had the money, I would buy that card off you too, because it looks amazing!

I try to to buy the number, unless the price is right and I can't afford the higher raw card. like a 1963 Topps Bob Lilly RC SP. I would buy an Authentic, if I find one that looks good. I would also buy a low grade if it was the right price and looked good as well.

All this being said, I think the grading is actually a good thing and can protect the buyer from paying too much and the the seller from selling to low. I think it's silly that a $1 card is now worth $50 but if you don't like that, don't buy them and buy the raw versions for $1 and there are times when I won't buy a graded card because it's just too expensive. I lose alot of cards on ebay too. LOL It's all a preference.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, this Cochrane is actually my first purchase of an authentic grade. LOL! All my others have high numerical grades, because I feel I owe it to myself to own nice cards, even if they are labeled authentic. As long as the eye appeal is there, what's it matter what a grading company says? There's still always demand for these types of cards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12