Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Basketball Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Kansas City Chiefs
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Jokic is easily the most underrated player in the NBA

Yeah I think he and Jimmy Butler are probably #1 and #2 right now. They've really shown their worth this playoffs, taking down the likes of Kawhi and Giannis.

Jokic reminds me of Arvydas Sabonis. I always heard Sabonis was one of the greatest players of all-time in his prime in the 1980s when he played in Lithuania. He was still very good even well past his prime when he joined the NBA and played for Portland in the 1990s. Gifted big men with extraordinary passing skills and court vision. I think more and more centers will (or should) pattern their game after Jokic. In these days of pace and space, having good passing skills as a center is more important than ever.
    LU DORT ROCKS!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jokic reminds me of Arvydas Sabonis. I always heard Sabonis was one of the greatest players of all-time in his prime in the 1980s when he played in Lithuania. He was still very good even well past his prime when he joined the NBA and played for Portland in the 1990s. Gifted big men with extraordinary passing skills and court vision. I think more and more centers will (or should) pattern their game after Jokic. In these days of pace and space, having good passing skills as a center is more important than ever.

He's probably one of the most interesting what ifs in basketball history.

He really wasn't allowed to come over to play in the NBA until his legs were shot and he was like a 30 year old rookie in the 90s. Yet he was still one of the better big men in the game and held his own even though he was basically out of place. Plus if he would have came over in his prime he would have been on that Blazers team that went to the Finals and they would have likely beaten Jordan and the Bulls and who knows what would happen after that. They could have been a dynasty and severely hurt Jordan's legacy like MJ did to some many other HOFs of the time.

If you listen to what the scouts and players of the time said of him before he came to the NBA they all praise him and basically say he would have been a All Star force if he came over in the late 80s when he was college aged. There were a lot of great foreign big men in that era (Olajuwon probably the best) but he could have been right behind Hakeem or better than him from what I've seen. But we will never know.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345