Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Former '90s Blazers/Suns forward, Clifford Robinson, dies at age 53 :(

I am very sad to learn of this! Cliffy was one of my favorite players of the 1990s. I wore a headband when I played in rec league as a kid just like Cliffy did in the pros (he was one of the first to wear them). I remember him well for both the Blazers and Suns; I recall seeing him play in person with the Suns in the 1990s and cheering for him loudly. He was an interesting character and energetic player. 53 is very young to die. I have an autograph from Select in the PC; definitely won't be trading that one away.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...binson-dies-53

SCF Rewards
    Country

The story I always heard with his headband was that his grandmother would watch NBA games on TV to see him but she couldn't differentiate him from the other players. So he wore the headband so she would know which player he was. Don't know how true that is but I've heard that one for over 25 years now.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/