Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

First mailing in a long time!

I used to be a regular here and a few of you old timers might remember me. I ran across a 3200 count box of TTM's from back in the day when I was really into the hobby and it got me in the mailing mood. We actually had enough stamps for 15 envelopes at the house and as usual I was pretty much all over the place with who I mailed out to. I did add a few addresses into the database for a few of these letters and apologize in advance for not actually adding the mailing for tracking. I just know that I am not going to be the best at coming back to update when these come in. Who knows maybe I will do well and get hooked again? At this point you all will have a better idea of how I will do than I will. None of my mailings have any added fees and that might effect me as I did not even look to see if any of these folks ask for them! Hope that your mailboxes are full and tell me what you think of my first 15 envelopes going out in a long time!

1- Bo Derek - I added the address for everyone as well
    2- Buster Douglas -(2/2) Biggest boxing upset of all time?
    3- Richard Petty -(3/3) YES I already have him but he was always a sure thing
    4- Paris Hilton - Just a famous person blank custom to mail to her
    5- Roger Staubach Came back unsigned!
    6- Leah Remini - (2/2)thought for sure that I would have a card of her but did not so famous person blank custom
    7- Paige Vanzant -(1/1) Love UFC and already have Rousey and Tate TTM on the ladies side so why not?
    8- Bridgette+Pete Sampras - never tried two folks in one envelope and YES I added their address for all
    9- Carly Patterson - Big Olympics guy so had to try at least one Olympian
    10- Mario Andretti -(3/3) Another guy that I already had but an automatic to have some success
    11- Mike Mussina -(2/2 with HOF 19 incriptions) HOFer worth a shot
    12- Jose Canseco - (2/2) One that I did not have that I would really like
    13- Joe Carter - How is he not in the HOF? Had to try him!
    14- Rafael Palmeiro - (2/2) Steroids kept him from the Hall but he was a real star!
    15- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - The name I saw a success from that I was shocked! I had gotten him like a decade ago and had to try again!

I placed in two gimme returns in the mix and only need 8 to be over 50% and that is my usual goal! What do you guys and gals think? Do I have a shot?
    Last edited by indyreds; 11-20-2020 at 11:56 PM. Reason: update mailing success
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like this list, I've always admired your collection we have similar interest in the people we send to. I haven't logged in here in about 3 years and was curious if people are still getting returns during these trying times. I come to your post and it was good to see familiar names and reassuring to know some things haven't changed. Here is wishing you the best of luck and its good to see you back.

Also if you get 50% return I just may have to go buy some stamps. Stay safe my friend!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I like this list, I've always admired your collection we have similar interest in the people we send to. I haven't logged in here in about 3 years and was curious if people are still getting returns during these trying times. I come to your post and it was good to see familiar names and reassuring to know some things haven't changed. Here is wishing you the best of luck and its good to see you back.

Also if you get 50% return I just may have to go buy some stamps. Stay safe my friend!

Thank you for the kind words! I remember seeing some really nice returns that you had gotten in as well! It is always nice to see a familiar name. I am no where close to 50% yet, but my first of the bunch came in and Richard Petty signed all 3 cards I sent. He has always been a great signer and has the best looking autograph in the hobby! He might not be a Reds or Colts guy as I know we both share those teams in common, but one every TTM collector should spend a few stamps on! Have a great day my friend! Hope to see you around here more as well!
    Last edited by indyreds; 09-12-2020 at 06:14 PM. Reason: I can not spell worth a darn!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mike Mussina success came in, 2/2 added HOF 2019 to both cards as well! Taking a little longer than I remembered, but happy with what is coming in!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Leah Remini Signed my signature card and my IC. Taking awhile for returns, but coming in!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Buster Douglas 2/2 the man who first took down Mike Tyson!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mike,
    Glad for sharing and glad to see your still kicking the ttm's around during the pandemic. Love the updates on your successes.

Seeing ya drop by bring backs some good memories from back in the day.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

@indyreds thank you for sharing i as well just picked up ttms after a way to long break. Best of luck and thank you for adding your successes and addresses very mush appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm a little surprised you haven't had a response from Joe Carter yet. He normally returns in a month max.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

I haven't sent TTM in a long time, maybe late 90's or early 2000's. The last year has led me to start this up again! Glad to see you share. I might give a few of these a try myself. I have a nice signed 8x10 of Mussina from years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast