Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Hoarding Miro Heiskanen

With game 7 between the Stars and Avs tonight, Miro Heiskanen, a sophomore scoring deferenceman and #3 overall draft pick from 2017, will be poised to take over the active playoff player scoring lead. I have noticed a sharp uptick in rookie and autograph sales over on COMC.com. I have also started to hoard his lower end RC.... it will be interesting to see how much more demand develops if Dallas enters into the quarter finals of the playoffs!

Is anyone else putting away Heiskanen?

b3317cce5dd6c6c76dc6611609948b55.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

He's an interesting player, I got to meet him briefly on draft night. He was on top of the world wearing his Stars jersey and signing anything and everything for people after the draft was finished that night.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He looks like he's going to be a star for a long time. I'm not convinced he's got "hobby superstar" written anywhere on him (too many things working against him for that: European, Defense, plays in Dallas). If Dallas wins the Cup, and he's a big part of it..... there's likely a few bucks to be made.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He's an interesting player, I got to meet him briefly on draft night. He was on top of the world wearing his Stars jersey and signing anything and everything for people after the draft was finished that night.

No pictures to share of you meeting him?

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dont hoard now, sell now.

No one cares about a Finish D man in Dallas .... obviously unless his team is making a run.

I sold my PSA 10 FW for $220US dlvd and im more than happy with the sale.

When someone is putting up numbers and were in the Conference Finals ...... it is not the time to be buying ...... *cough* 2017 Erik Karlsson Eastern Conference Finals *cough*
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Dont hoard now, sell now.

No one cares about a Finish D man in Dallas .... obviously unless his team is making a run.

I sold my PSA 10 FW for $220US dlvd and im more than happy with the sale.

When someone is putting up numbers and were in the Conference Finals ...... it is not the time to be buying ...... *cough* 2017 Erik Karlsson Eastern Conference Finals *cough*

I remember saying that about Chris Drury...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember saying that about Chris Drury...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You remember saying what about Drury?

- That no one cares about him?

- That you should be selling, not hoarding when hes on a final 4 team?

All of the above? I hope you dont have a nice non PC Drury hoard sitting in your closet =P

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

It's a good time to sell, but it's also maybe worth putting away a few of his cards. I see him as one of 4 cornerstones of top dmen in the NHL for the next 10+ years (with Dahlin, Hughes, and Makar). He has a legitimate shot at being a multi-time all-star and future HOFer. That being said, as has already been pointed out, being a defenseman doesn't do him any hobby favors. Given that his YGs are already over $20 in most cases, and his FWA near the $90 mark, how much more growth/profit is there to be had? Some, but not a lot.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's a good time to sell, but it's also maybe worth putting away a few of his cards. I see him as one of 4 cornerstones of top dmen in the NHL for the next 10+ years (with Dahlin, Hughes, and Makar). He has a legitimate shot at being a multi-time all-star and future HOFer. That being said, as has already been pointed out, being a defenseman doesn't do him any hobby favors. Given that his YGs are already over $20 in most cases, and his FWA near the $90 mark, how much more growth/profit is there to be had? Some, but not a lot.

If 6 years from now he has 5 Norris nominations, with a single win.... and two Stanley Cups... while being a per-annual allstar: He's got the career of Drew Doughty (who is certainly regarded as a top 10 dman in the league, and has been for quite some time). I can buy DD Young Guns for $25 all day, and he is headed to the HOF. He plays in a bigger market than Heiskanen, and he's got the added bonus of being a good Canadian boy! (which does boost collectiblity).

I think it will be hard for many current dmen to top Doughty in career accomplishments.... so until collecting habbits change significantly, I think the value of his cards tells you (roughly) what the ceiling is.

I do believe that Heiskanen is going to be a star in this league for a long time, I just don't think it will translate into high priced cardboard.

IMO - I'd be selling Highes & Makar like crazy this year (if I had any). No way they sustain those prices, even if they live up to their current billing. They are only as expensive as they are, because no rookie forward tore it up this year.
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 09-15-2020 at 01:18 PM.