Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail Day

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Mail Day

Another odd one. How often do you see the word wiener on a card?
    As you might have guessed these where actually distributed with a package of hot dogs. Right next to the meat so they are not only usually stained they have a wave to them as they where pressed into the peaks and valleys of the side by side hot dogs they laid on top off. In 1959 the only two teams in this set where the Steelers and Browns. Jim Brown is obviously the card to own from that year. I was able to get the one player from this set who at least at one time did play for the Bears. He is more known for his time with the Lions if I remember right.

Then another upgrade from a 4 so it’s not much of an upgrade but the price was right. Actually cheaper than I paid for the 4. Heisman winner and former Bear Johnny Lukack

Then we got a guy who spent a long time with the Bears and made quite “The Hit Men”duo with Gary Fencik in the secondary and Buddy Ryan named his famous 46 Defense of the 1980’s Bears after. In honor of the rumors of the USFL making its return, here is an original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FireRob; 06-07-2021 at 09:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The weiner card is interesting and love the Plank card and thanks for sharing!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Dude....I am serious. You have some of the best cards!!!!! I love the BP Petroleum story and card! The Lujack is insane, as the the Night Train Layne Weiner card! LOL

Great stuff!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mail Day

Last of my CFL cards arrived. The cool thing I learned about these 1956 Parkhust CFL is the card front was blank and in the pack came a piece of paper or cloth that you got wet with water and it activated some chemicals to make the photo appear and you essentially developed your own picture. As a result not every cards picture came out as bold or clear depending on how well you wiped the card. Also I’d imagine that getting it too wet caused condition problems because after all it’s on a piece of cardboard and water and paper don’t mix well.

This particular card is population of 3 with none higher and only 14 other cards from the set have been graded higher. Guess that makes it ok it only graded a 5

Little more close up of the picture on the front

Last edited by FireRob; 06-11-2021 at 04:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders NULL NULL
    See clk823's Items on eBay

way cool, i didnt know that either, nice card,

Last of my CFL cards arrived. The cool thing I learned about these 1956 Parkhust CFL is the card front was blank and in the pack came a piece of paper or cloth that you got wet with water and it activated some chemicals to make the photo appear and you essentially developed your own picture. As a result not every cards picture came out as bold or clear depending on how well you wiped the card. Also I’d imagine that getting it too wet caused condition problems because after all it’s on a piece of cardboard and water and paper don’t mix well.

This particular card is population of 3 with none higher and only 14 other cards from the set have been graded higher. Guess that makes it ok it only graded a 5

Little more close up of the picture on the front

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@FireRob

You should write an article about these cards and submit it or post it on the site!

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of those odd cards to add “diversity”
    Actually goes to a “Sampler” set I am working on and was the highest grade with in my budget of what I was willing to spend on a card and of a player I have no interest in other than for a set registry. On that note I did find a TCU player (that I never heard of) that was cheaper but much lower grade and a Daryle Royal (played for OU but coached Texas to a National Championship) that was way more expensive and also a lot higher grade but no way I was spending that much.

I have heard/knew of/about these Felt Backs for a while but never seen one in person until today. Tiny little things.

The back little more close up

Those are super cool! I never saw these cards before, thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

Laura

SCF Rewards
    Country

@FireRob

You should write an article about these cards and submit it or post it on the site!

First off I’m not a writer and honestly probably shouldn’t even be allowed on forums. Second, an article on which cards? I am fairly certain I have said all I know about any cards I have shared.

Laura you bet! Thanks to everyone else with the kind words.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another odd type “card”.

1984 7-Eleven Discs

Same “card” different angle to catch the other image

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratulations man! Those are awesome!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast