Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail Day

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

My nearly complete 1954 Bowman Bears team set, all a PSA 8’s. This is the birth year of my dad. Long ago he gave me a George Connor that of course I still have. Three HOF players and two are rookie cards. The Doug Atkins isn’t part of the registry team set but it’s part of my Bears HOF set. I recently upgraded the Blanda from a 5.5 to this 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Wow!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw somewhere a picture of Blanda & Brady side by side at the same ages in their careers during this past Superbowl. Big difference but I didn't realize how early Blanda started in the early 50's. Probably not a lot of Avocado ice cream for George.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

@FireRob.....

We need some more mail days!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Couple recent mail day deliveries I’m excited about

For my Bears HOF set I got some upgrades

Upgraded from a 9. I have a few more Hamptons on the way I’m very excited about. 1982 and 1985.

The Dent is a 1/2 point upgrade from my 8.5

Finally finished my DPOY set and made some upgrades as well.

Deion is an upgrade from a 9. Not going to lie. It stung a little to buy this one. Never been a big Deion fan.

This LT was the last card I needed to finish the set. Will never be able to afford a 10 or willing to spend that much if I could.

Or maybe this was the last card. I forgot which one I got first. Low pop of only 6

This Woodson upgraded my 8

These last two are just some show N tell. Fairly low pop don’t come up often for sale or good luck submitting and getting a 10 kind of card (1986). Well the Team card is popular with the Walter Payton collectors

Interesting note: this is probably Walters most “mean faced” card/picture I have ever seen. He usually has his big smile

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I'll add to the Mail day this weekend. Some vintage some newer and some to be submitted!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I added another big (for me) upgrade to my Bears HOF registry. This one upgrades my 6mc that just arrived back from PSA

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks Oklahoma City Thunder Seattle Mariners
    See jonnyweb69's Items on eBay

nice MOOOOOOSE

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Damn bro!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny (actually terrifying) story (and WORD OF CAUTION lesson to be learned) about my PSA Set Registry sets for Bears HOF and Bears HOF W/coaches/admin.

The Sayers upgrade card was supposed to move me up a spot in the rankings. When I entered it. My score was higher than the guy above me but my placement didn’t move. I refreshed the app did a few things. Waited and checked back later and nothing. When I added this particular card I had some timed out errors and had to do it two or three times and thought this was related to the problem.

This is where I did something very stupid.

I was willing to try anything and figured I’d just edit the card as “sold” and then change it back as “active” again. Well when I edited as “sold” it retired both my HOF sets because they where 91% complete. I have sent an email to PSA set registry to see if they can fix it but no word yet. I’m very anxious right now and hope they can and will fix this. I’m in no way ready to “retire” these sets.

For those not familiar with what I’m talking about here, one of the big problems is once you retire a set because maybe you plan on selling some of the cards, it saves your place in the all time rankings. But your current standing rankings completely go away. The other issue is, you can no longer use those cards Cert numbers to “rebuild” a new set.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast