Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail Day

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Love that 1954 Bowman card Rob and anytime you can get a Payton Graded. Rich and you are doing so good getting the Graded 10 cards! Thanks for sharing. I may have to get into Grading cards, never have done it.

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

I may have to get into Grading cards, never have done it.

Bake

Careful Bake, as they say it’s a slippery slope.

I used to despise graded cards. Hated almost everything about them.

Why would I pay money to someone else to tell me the condition of a card?

They charge how much!?!?!?

You mean I can’t take it out of that stupid looking case and hold, touch, feel, smell (yes I smell cards, love when you can still smell the bubble gum on a vintage) the card? Ever???

They charge how much?!?!?

Whaaaat, that cards not a 10!?!?!? I can see a fuzzy corner right there through that stupid looking case.

They charge how much?!?!? (Yes that was worth repeating three different times) and now days you can add “I have to wait how long?!?!?!”

Anyways, I could go on and on about why I hated graded cards and some of those reasons still apply.

Here is my “I fell and fell hard down that slippery slope” story.

I got into graded because it was another avenue to collect my main reason for collecting. Mike Singletary. Since then it has expanded a lot. Started out working on just three different sets in PSA’s set registry. All three had to do with Singletary. 1. His basic Topps cards. 2. Every Topps card. 3. Every card during the time of his playing career.

Since then I have now completed the check list of seven different sets and have 74 others I am working on. Many of those 74, I have no intentions of ever finishing. Majority of those sets have required cards that are also in the sets I do enjoy putting together and it just so happens to put a dent in those sets I really am not interested in doing but I started them anyways. Maybe one day when all the sets I really like doing are done I’ll worry about getting other cards I might not even think twice about pursuing. Sometime I just stumble on a deal and pick up the card. Like the Larry Brown a few posts above.

Of those seven complete sets. Only one is a Mike Singletary. His basic Topps set.

Bake I wish you the best. Graded cards can be what ever you want them to be. One day I’ll expand on my thoughts on this but I went on long enough for tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@FireRob; @bakemeister52

I will have to agree with Rob on this one.

I hate graded cards for all the same reasons and I will add, it makes some raw cards higher than they should be in price as people are trying to fetch top dollar (I don't blame them) but they compare raw to graded, which is green apples and red apples.

I even stopped for a while because I was spending so much on the grading when I could apply that to the card and be happy with more cards....

Well, as I approach 1000 graded cards in my collection, main the ONLY PSA 10..that IS my collection. That is my thing. Graded cards!

So when people say, I don't get it, but collect Basketball, I say the same thing. I mean, I own Basketball cards. I don't want to and would trade every single one away if I could, but that is their thing. Plus, some people like the idea of a nice card and think theirs are awesome. I look at it and go...yup..PSA 7 at best. If they are happy with it GREAT. Me, nah.

The Graded slope is way more expensive...I have tried to do just Emmitt Smith but his Master Set is like 900 cards....and still growing.

My current goal. All the Cowboy Team sets from 1960 through the 1980s' That will be cool and I am pretty close on the 80's stuff. I finished 1960, other than some upgrades to all PSA 8, Just bought an almost complete set of 1961 Fleer (Need the Don Meredith RC (Approx $500), about 50% on 1961, 1962 Topps then it just gets really ugly until the 70's when I pick back up and the 80's when I am crushing it but NONE FINISHED.

Of course I have 90's and even 2000, 2010 Team sets and Player sets (2010 Topps Chrome Sean Lee Rainbow) and specialty sets

I even have a set I made with all of my PSA Cowboys Rookie cards (Any card from a players first year)

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregist.../showcase/9662

I have a Cowboys #94 Showcase, LOL, a 2008 Score Super Bowl Blue Glossy Team Set and a billion other things!!!!! (All of my showcase sets are here: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregist...stry/showcases)

Here is the "POP 1" Collection = always a work in progress!!!! https://www.psacard.com/psasetregist...showcase/13733

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got one today every Chicago native and Bears fan from the ‘80’s will know all too well who this guy is or at the very least has heard his name but may not of known who the actual reference was. Glad to have it in my collection.

Yes it’s a Packers card (head hung down in shame). @krunchtyme I blame those Cowgirl cards and compare them to a gateway drug. Once I said it was acceptable to own a cowboy card that opened to door to adding Packers. (I am disgusted at my self)

Jim Grabowski RC.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

#FireRob

Slippery slope. I just added some 49ers cards... Charles Haley...I feel your pain

SCF Rewards
    Country

#FireRob

Slippery slope. I just added some 49ers cards... Charles Haley...I feel your pain

Well we can at least say they played for our teams and ease the sting a little. Haley was a big part of the Cowpokes Super Bowl runs. Before Brady he had more rings than anyone. Grabowski did play his last year for the Bears.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

@FireRob

That cards looks amazing. Why only an 8?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mail Day

@FireRob

That cards looks amazing. Why only an 8?

wondered that my self. I haven’t had the chance to really study and examine it. Here is a pic of the back for you. It’s OC but I don’t think is more than their stated allowable amount even for 10’s.

And I zoomed in to look it over. Found one corner that looks ever so slightly worn and several very tiny print marks but I have seen way worse on many 10’s. So I don’t know why they graded it that way.

And that corner. Same corner from front and back. It’s just not as sharp and crisp and the other three.

Last edited by FireRob; 05-21-2021 at 09:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow I have to agree, why just an "8"!

Bake

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today’s arrivals. Also got two more for my ‘86 Topps Bears Team set in 9’s. Not going to bore with pictures.

My $0.99 winning bid. Even when it’s a card you really don’t want or need in the collection a bargain makes it ok to buy. Right?

Urlacher that the only set I have it going towards in the registry is the ‘56-‘15 Topps sampler.

For my Atkins basic set. Only 1 graded higher. Also towards several other sets.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast