Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail Day

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

SICK! and interesting. That is a pretty cool card.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow, more sweet Graded cards, Rich and Rob and again thanks for sharing. I think I may team up with Rich and try to get some cards graded.

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Mail Day

Addition to my Urlacher Rookie Set

Upgrade from 8. None higher than 9.

And now the strange stuff.

Vintage from our friends to the far North. Little CFL action (uhhh.. still photography portraits?) being added to the collection.

The 1958 is a top pop for the individual card and not a lot from the whole set are graded higher. Only 10 to be exact
    @krunchtyme I don’t want to hear I don’t buy low grade. You see that 2? Those ‘59 Wheaties CFL are not that easy to find especially cheap.

Then a very oddball to go to the Grabowski master set I decided to put together. Also gathering a lot of raw “stuff” (notice I didn’t say cards) for this set, while waiting for PSA to open the flood gates again. It’s a strange set indeed. Only two actual traditional cards. The rest are these kind of advertising game pieces and some pins etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FireRob; 05-29-2021 at 07:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Rob,

Sweet cards as always. I have PSA 5 and 6's in my 1936 Public Enemy vs Govt. Agents set. I am all about low grade for the price and theory of population.

I'll post my newest next week.

later

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another addition to my ‘86 Topps Bears team set. Still need four more cards to complete it and then I’d like to upgrade three that I do have and then there are about three or four due to very low populations I’m just going to be stuck with what I got. Actually of the four I don’t have yet I figure I won’t get at least three of them in higher than a 9, if that.

‘52 Bowman Small Gene “Flash” Schroeder. Goes to a couple different Bears sets, Pro Bowl and #1 draft picks.

And last, another Canadian card. Parkhurst didn’t just make hockey cards. Population of 2 with none higher and out of the entire set of 1952 Parkhurst CFL only 46 have graded higher.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Wow!!!!

Here's a few of mine:

Pop 1

I think this is mislabeled and should be a foil or shiny version. I'm checking

2013 Dallas Cowboys Topps Team Set Addition

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force

More sweet Graded cards from Rich and Rob and always thanks for sharing!

Bake

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice ones Krunch! That Playoff card brings back some memories. Me and my dad bought several packs maybe even a whole box of the first couple years of Playoff back when they came out. It was our venture into early ‘90’s “high end”. They where the most futuristic cards we had ever seen at the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Couple rather boring cards today but they got back stories

Got a put one in the win column for the collector story. Couple weeks ago tried to win this very same Bo Jackson card. I’m working on the 1990 British Petroleum set and this is an upgrade and tied for highest graded so I didn’t want to miss out. At the last second it was like $32. I didn’t want to loose it so I don’t remember exactly what I bid but it was like $100-120. I lost! Well dang.

Fast forward two weeks and this “investor” who out bid me now has it listed for auction again. I won it for $18. He did me a favor. If it wasn’t for him I’d paid $33 a few weeks ago. He lost some money

Skip this part if you don’t want to know about the BP cards. These where game pieces for the BP gas station. You got a game piece pack that had two cards that where face to face and you broke off the perforated boarder to reveal the two cards inside. You had to match players with certain numbered cards to get the prize which was discounted gas. This particular Bo Jackson would match up with a #9 Andre Tippett (there was 995 Tippett cards made) to get $5 off. The grand price was the Deion Sanders and it was $10,000. There is only one Deion in existence. Was it ever opened? If so, was it claimed for the prize or is it stashed in someone’s collection or did it get thrown in the trash next to the fuel pump????

These cards are hard to get in decent shape because of the glue used to make the game pieces often went a little past the perforated boarder onto the cards and they would be stuck together. I have gotten about 100 or so of these pieces off eBay to open my self thinking I could be careful enough to not damage them but if their glued together around the edges nothing you can do. Also they are very prone to centering issues. Notice the white line at the bottom of the Bo card. So even if you got a perfectly centered card hope it wasn’t ruined by the glue or the gas station attendant didn’t have oily diesel covered hands when he gave out the cards.

Also these cards have two versions depending on what side of the game pieces they came from. The “Advertisement” side and “Rules” side. The Bo card below was graded before PSA acknowledged the two different versions and isn’t labeled as either but it’s a “Rules” card

Of course my whole reason for starting this collection and buying all the pieces is due to my Mike Singletary collection. I was trying to find one that would grade higher than the 6 I had. I have since found a 9 in both versions which are the highest graded. Also kinda makes the cards I sent back in September with Joshmets31 to PSA to be graded was for nothing unless they come back 10’s. Which they won’t.

The other winning cards where
    Tim Harris $1000 (3 cards)
    Clay Mathews $100 (18 cards)
    Freeman McNeil $10 (325 cards)

And one more CFL card. A pop of 7 none higher and out of the entire 1959 Topps CFL graded population only 60 graded higher. Not a very exciting looking card. Looks more like a chess team high school yearbook photo than a football card

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force

Wow Rob, you are right about the CFL card but still nice to view the cards! Thanks for showing them!

Bake

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast