Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

What’s your card working area like? + a ? about the mats breakers use.

Show me your work station or describe it!

First question. What are those desk top mats that the breakers use that usually has their logo and what not on them. Where can I get one? I don’t want any fancy logos or anything. Just something I can place a card on and not worry about damaging it.

I actually do a good portion of my card sorting and what not when at work during the little down time we get. Problem is it’s an old wooden desk that has the finish all peeling off and it’s ruff. So not a good surface to actually let the cards touch. Everything about my card sorting time works against me while at work but it’s better than if I tried to do it at home. With the wife who hates me collecting cards and kids who always want daddy’s attention with as little time as I get at work it would be a whole lot less at home. I have one of the Ultra Pro card sorting trays and I absolutely love it! Picture will be below. Works great when opening wax and sleeving cards and putting them in numerical order. Honestly I really only open a bit of old wax (At least lately 1985 Topps) so I don’t do a whole lot. I also use this tray while looking through my various Singletary cards trying to decide which particular card is better than another when trying to decide which one will eventually get sent to get graded.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok I think I finally searched the correct words and found something.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors San Francisco Giants
    See maitai326's Items on eBay

These are neoprene, so the material is like mouse pads
    https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/cust...game-mats.html

These have cloth tops (a bit nicer imo)
    https://www.inkedgaming.com/collecti...custom-playmat

This is the same Mat I've beem using for my cards (only because I also play Mahjong, also very sturdy and lays flat)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-ma...YAAOSw4gZea3xV
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    WTTF:49ers/Myles Garrett/Acuna/Jordan

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks 51CardDeck!

Oh I just noticed the price drop on the sorting tray. Figures. I bought a second one not too long ago and now the price comes down.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Here’s my grading work station

A bit messy as I’m getting ready for a bulk submission.

Really sucks that PSA bulk submissions have to be separated by modern and ultra modern.

IMG_3975.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

@51CardDeck that’s awesome and exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to see when I posted this. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah the stuff breakers use looks - at least to me - to be a large mouse pad with their logo put on it. Nothing too crazy.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@51CardDeck

Have a name to the magnifier your using. Would be nice to share so folks can look it up. Thanks for sharing and definitely not messy by my standard LOL.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

@51CardDeck

Have a name to the magnifier your using. Would be nice to share so folks can look it up. Thanks for sharing and definitely not messy by my standard LOL.

DON

Just copy paste the ASIN# into Amazon search bar.

Magnifier 2.0x 6.0x
    You can find on Amazon for $19.99
    ASIN: B075MHXC66

I also use a 20x Jewelers loupe
    [Anything over 20x is not usable for cards]
    (I use this to check corners and edges for cards that could possibly BGS 10)
    Here’s one on Amazon for $16.99
    ASIN: B015VGEBS4

Micro fiber cloth to clean the surface of chromium cards
    This is a pack of 50 for $15.99
    ASIN: B07W4WM4VS

Page marker flags
    (I tape these onto the soft sleeve, so it’s easier for the grader to pull out of the card saver. Minimizes possible damage to card when pulling out and truly believe that it helps in final grade)
    $6.99 for 1400
    ASIN: B06XR8V42K

When grading, always be extremely critical. If you have doubts whether it will GEM or not, most likely it won’t.

When submitting, make sure cards are organized by set rather than player. Makes it easier for the grader to catalog and decreases chance of mislabeled slabs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Wow...Great advice. and Great set up!

Since my college aged son is home for his last semester, I am relegated to a small table in a corner, instead of my usual L shaped desk/scanner area/magnifying light.