Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Feel free to post your pictures!

Don

Thanks Don. Here are some of them. Would love for some feedback and advice!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Totally. ... post-um up. Let's take a look.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@krunchtyme

I just posted them :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

I will look again later tonight. Quick thoughts... The Hogan is off-centered so it won't get a 10. The Marshal Faulk looks amazing. I would highly consider sending that in...IF the surface isn't scratched.

I'll look in more detail tonight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you so much! I have more of those Hogans too fi you eventually want to see them. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

@frankdemariany; @doniceage; @FireRob

Ok, here is my response. Let's get all of the issues covered first. ONE: I am not a professional grader. I have experience. Probably not the most here, but probably in the top 10, with getting cards graded. I collect graded cards, I research graded cards and I own about 250,000 non-graded cards...Why???? They probably wouldn't grade out a PSA 10, so I'm not a card snob or super rich. I collect cards. End of the story there. Not for profit (not to lose money either), I am a collector. TWO: Grading is subjective. You and I don't see the same thing. If two people agree, better, if three or more agree, I'd probably go with the response. THREE: Some people think the grading card thing is a hoax to begin with. Why pay $10 or more a card to have them tell you it isn't perfect in their opinion, use that money to buy more cards. I understand and can't even disagree with their point of view. So if any of you are trolling the boards and read this, awesome, I love to see conversation..Not bashing or hate, but true conversation about the issues. I love to hear other's thoughts on the same thing we all love, COLLECTING CARDS.

Ok, specific to the cards presented. They are amazing cards and on first glance look like they should all be PSA 10's. That is the first test PSA does....Check the eye appeal of the card. Should it be a 10? If so, let's look farther. I am not bashing these cards in any way. They are awesome. I am going beyond the initial look. I zoomed in with the photos presented and yes, I am looking to see if there is a "flaw". If you look for a flaw, you will most likely find one. I have PSA 10's that I am even wondering if they got sent back in, would they still get a 10. I have 9's that I am like, BS..That is a 10 all day. It is still subjective and grading is done by humans. Humans are not perfect. Accept the subjectiveness of the grading process.

I am not criticizing these cards, the owner or anything else. I am offering an opinion, nothing more. Like I said, we can disagree and I may be overly critical because as I've shown in my example, I hate spending the money and getting a lower grade with I thought it was a 10. It happens in every submission I send in. Sometimes, I know it is a 9 and if I am ok with that, I send it anyways. I collect cards, I collect cards I can afford. OK Let's go.

Howie Long - Beautiful card, not likely a PSA 10.. The things I see . (and I hate being a negative guy) The card has a print defect (an ink spot) near his name. It's hard to tell but the upper left corner looks "different", maybe not as crisp as the others, when you look at the card magnified. Could be the holder,or just the picture. Either way, I would assume the ink spot could keep it from a 10. The back is definitely off-centered. There is more tolerance on the back, but it still counts. Cards from the 80's were notorious for things like that. Still. That is a beautiful example of Howie's rookie!!!

Again, the Eddie George card is absolutely gorgeous. The only flaw I see is in the top of the card the word "Rookie". Not sure if they would drop it to a 9, BUT....The word "rookie" isn't completed. Part of the "O" is missing. Again, I think it's the photo and the holder, but I would double check the bottom right corner under a magnifying glass. As always, check the surface. I can't tell the surface because of the holder.

Marshall Faulk card.....Wow!!!! From the photos, I've got nothing to say.

Ok, some people say cards are cards, but I will be the first to tell you in the grading world, they aren't. Non-sports are not my expertise, but here are my opinions on those.

Roy Bot - Looks awesome. My concerns are, and trust me I am being HYPER CRITICAL as these are amazing cards, it is slightly, ever so slightly off-centered to the right. Within specs for sure, BUT...PSA reserves the right to downgrade a card within specs on centering. ( I can actually show you the policy guide from them regarding this issue.) That is a super minor nit-picky thing, Now the dark spot on the left border about 3/4 down. That could be an issue. PSA will tell you, the number 1 thing regarding grading is "Eye Appeal". That spot is going to cause you an issue. From the back, the bottom left corner looks sharp but possibly didn't cut cleanly from the factory. I'd look at that corner again. Didn't notice it from the front, but saw something from the rear.

Already told you the Hogan. In my opinion, no way that gets a 10. The off-centering is immediately noticeable, even though it is an awesome card.

So, in my opinion, using the pictures you sent and looking at them under zoom. You definitely have some absolutely gorgeous cards. I think any of us would love to own them. As for getting PSA 10's...Possible on all of them as all cards seem to have an issue and "Eye Appeal" is the number one factor and those cards look amazing!. But experience has shown me, that when I think I'm going to get all 10's....I don't and these are the types of things I see.

Here is a screenshot of an older submission I had sent in. Look at the Playoff Prime scores. Then look at the graded cards here: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregist.../showcase/1596 I have absolutely no clue how they got 8's, not even 9's. But that is why I warn others never consider a card a PSA 10. The grading is done by humans and humans have feelings, maybe the grader is having a bad day, hung over LOL, someone cut him/her off on the way to work, maybe the grader didn't care and all of them should have gotten 8's????? The moral to the story is ... Don't count on PSA 10's and hope for the best. Making a lot of money is a great thought, BUT if you change the goal to let's not lose money, you will be happier trying to grade cards and make a small profit and even keep a few for yourself.

I would like to see what others on the boards say about these cards as well to see if they agree with me in my "grading" opinions.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

I reviewed the Hogan some more, didn't put it above because it wasn't going to get a 10 no matter what I said but here are the issues with that card: It has a significant print defect, lower left and the picture itself isn't crisp. The WWF logo is bleeding to the blue on the lower left. Definitely not a good candidate if you are shooting for a PSA 10.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@krunchtyme

Thank you so much for all of that feedback and thoughtful logic with regards to all of this. That is exactly what I wanted. The logic behind how PSA grades, what you are seeing, and then the truth. I look at this as a fun education. I am by no means looking for some big score. Would I like to send some in for curiosity purposes then keep some and sell some for smaller profits. Sure! I think that's smart. If one comes back really well, I love to hang on to it as a collectors piece. I LOVE when you said let's change the goal to not lose money. I'm all about that.

When I relooked at the Howie and Eddie George, I'm now seeing what you are seeing it makes perfect sense.

The Marshall Faulk I agree looks great. I'd love to take it out of the case but I'm paranoid to do so. The pop report on that is one was send in for grading and it got an 8! That's it!!!!

The Hogan makes a ton of sense as well.

Would you be open to me posting and looking at some more? Again, it's not so much me trying to see if they are 10's but getting an education as to why they potentially wouldn't be.

Thank you for your time!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Totally!. I love looking at cards. Post away. I may be out of pocket the next 2 days, but might not, nature of the job. If I am, I will definitely get to them by the weekend. Like I said, I still send in cards hoping for the best but knowing they probably won't get a ten. That Faulk looks absolutely amazing in pics. I have 25 Jordans in right now, I am also going to send in some in November. @Joshmets31 is setting something up as well. So if you decide to send them in, I'm sure one of us can get you where you need to be!

I hope some others look at them as well. Rich

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast