Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Opinions on Gretzky OPC Autographed RC

Hello,
    I have acquired a small but decent quality sport card collection and in it is a 1979 OPC Gretzky Rookie - signed in the early 80’s (original owner believed it was 1980-81 that he had got it signed) before Gretzky changed to his more modern signature. The card is freshly graded with a PSA/DNA slab as an EX-MT 6 and AUTO 9. I have done what research I can on my end and looked through auction records, PSA database, and eBay and have yet to find one signed in this good of condition and with the early signature. One very damaged card with no card grade went for $1800 USD. Two others with damage and lower grades are listed (but unsold) at $9700 and $19000 USD.

I have very limited knowledge of the sports card market so am looking for some advice on what this might be expected to fetch and where might be best to try to sell it? I really appreciate any assistance in advance!

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my opinion if you really want to sell it just put it up at auction. Needs to be advertised the best way you can.

Its worth what it will sell for.

You could use a third party to advertise it or do it on your own. Make sure you reach as many potential buyers as possible.
    Always looking for The CUP rcs. 3 colors+ when possible.

Traders: Hidden Content
    PC: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (93)
    Country
    See terry1hockeyfan's Items on eBay

I might be interested if you have a reasonable price in mind. Plmk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That must be an early Gretzky auto, doesn't look much like his current one.
    That card would be worth 2500-3500 without the auto, I'm curious how much value it adds. I've always thought that leaving rookie cards auto free and getting the value of his auto on a worthless card.
    Good luck, hopefully you get top $.
    I've gotten similar offers for my Gretz.