Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Does Tim Hortons make any money off the sale of the cards, or do they just make money off the extra beverages bought with the cards?

I would bet yes, but the amount would be tiny. I suspect it's a very cost effective set for UD to make (probably a HUGE money maker for them. I know I read back in the day that McDonalds was their TOP money maker in hockey) since it's so mass produced.

I'd be surprised to learn to that Tim Horton's is making more than a couple of pennies per pack. Obviously that adds up when you figure they're selling millions of packs - but even if it were 5 million packs * 5 cents each (probably both of those numbers are high), they'd be rolling in an extra $250,000 - across the entire chain. If they were making a dime per pack (and can't see any way that's possible) they'd be making an extra half million bucks.

Any possible profits they're making, are a drop in the bucket for their overall corporate sales.

I suspect that it's more about selling extra coffee, bagels, donuts, etc... and "branding". Tim Horton's has always pushed itself as some kind of pan-Canadian institution, and what's more Canadian than hockey (and cards) ? I think that's where the value comes for them.

tims cards have released at the exact same time every year (roughly 3 weeks into september) which has come and gone - so I'm fairly confident there's none this year

I suspect you're right, but without an official announcement - I'd be willing to hold out until the first week of November. If not out by then, clearly they're not coming (this year). Also possible that they're pushing it back - Perhaps Tim Horton's thinks that they need regular season hockey, in order to sell hockey cards?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Good point about the tie-in with the start of the season, Sean. The two usually coincide. Crazy to think that in normal times we are just gearing up for the dawn of a new season, as opposed to this hellscape year in which we're still winding down from the playoffs and probably have 2-3 months before the start of the new campaign.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Good point about the tie-in with the start of the season, Sean. The two usually coincide. Crazy to think that in normal times we are just gearing up for the dawn of a new season, as opposed to this hellscape year in which we're still winding down from the playoffs and probably have 2-3 months before the start of the new campaign.

Yeah, I mean.... let's ignore the type of collector that would be a member of SCF for a moment, and consider who those cards are being marketed at. It's a father on his way to work, grabbing a coffee & a couple of packs of cards for his kids.

If you take away the NHL regular season, you're going to kill that interest among "less advanced" collectors.

It wouldn't surprise me, at all, if Tim Horton's doesn't do the cards again..... but if they are going to do them, I'd bank on an announcement when we're getting closer to an NHL season starting (but pessimistic me doesn't think that's going to be anytime soon).

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Saw a rumor of 11/12 for this one for you guys up north. We don't get any cheap fun sets down south. And going back a few points to Tim Horton's making money. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they technically lose money per pack as a part of their advertising/promotions budget.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saw a rumor of 11/12 for this one for you guys up north. We don't get any cheap fun sets down south. And going back a few points to Tim Horton's making money. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they technically lose money per pack as a part of their advertising/promotions budget.

Hopefully they will be back. Love this set and it is cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12