Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles

New to the site....

Here's a bit about me: I returned to baseball card collecting approximately 8 years ago after not collecting since I was 12 (1972). As you might guess, my first interest was the 1972 set...there's nothing better than taking a step back into the past. I completed that set by purchasing card lots on e-bay, finishing up by chasing individual cards. In a way, I feel like I recaptured part of the childhood by completing this set.

In recent years I have been working on Topps sets from 1987, 88, 89 and 91. I enjoy sorting through rack packs and assembling sets that are 40 years old. Pack opening is so much fun....one of the best thrills in the hobby in my opinion.

This year I have been working on the Utz topps set. I was looking for a place to trade so that I would not have to use e-bay to complete the set.

In terms of my demographics: I'm a 60 year old man who grew up in the New York metropolitan area. I was primarily a Mets fan as a child but would occasionally watch a Yankee game on channel 11. The first game I attended was a late season game at Shea in 1969. The stands were completely packed...we sat on the concrete steps in the upper deck. To my dismay, my heros were no hit by the pirates on that weekend afternoon. Of course, the story ended well, as the miracle mets defeated the Orioles four games to one in the World Series. The Series was played completely in the afternoon: my friends and I would listen to the pre-game show to our transistor radios in the school play ground. If you were lucky you could run from the school bus into your basement and catch the end of the game. We had an antenna in our attic pointed to the city...our reception was pretty good. Those were the days...sometimes I wish life could be as simple as it was then: a victory by Tom Seaver meant going to bed happy.

I also collect Hot Wheels, which were another childhood love. My die cast collection has been strengthened significantly by on-line trading and hope that I can do the same thing for my baseball card collection. I view trading as mutual helping: I help you get what you need and you help me. Happy Trading!

Fred

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See Louis1939's Items on eBay

Welcome...nice to see Im not the only set collector here!
    My want list and trade page is here...

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Fred- Welcome to SCF! I am also from the Metropolitan New York area and just turned 61 yesterday. I am a Yankee fan however.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hi Fred, welcome to SCF...Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Alabama Crimson Tide Cleveland Indians

Welcome to SCF.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Glad to see you're enjoying your return to the hobby. Welcome to SCF.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome Fred back to the hobby and to SCF. I'm 68 and a loyal Yankees fan!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome Fred! Set Collectors are rare now days because of rising cost of the hobby boxs or even getting blasters from your local Target or Walmart stores. Best regards, David PS Your browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.
    Last edited by David K.; 10-08-2020 at 06:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome to SCF if you need anything please dont hesitate to ask

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast