Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Lightbulb The Early History of NHL Hockey Cards

Hey everyone,

I just published a new article up on my site and I feel like you'd all enjoy it!

The Early History of NHL Hockey Cards

Enjoy!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great stuff, Aaron!

"​Original 1951-52 Parkhurst 'Parkies' Hockey Bubble Gum packs can still be found today and are very desirable for their place in the vintage card market, but also due to their historical significance in the hockey card industry."

You forgot to mention the delightful taste of the gum itself! LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great stuff, Aaron!

"​Original 1951-52 Parkhurst 'Parkies' Hockey Bubble Gum packs can still be found today and are very desirable for their place in the vintage card market, but also due to their historical significance in the hockey card industry."

You forgot to mention the delightful taste of the gum itself! LOL

Thank you!

And I couldn't even imagine what that would taste like...... gross.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thank you!

And I couldn't even imagine what that would taste like...... gross.

You know some of those old pictures out there from our youth--you can "taste this picture" or you "hear this is so and so's voice" -- that kind of thing. I can feel and taste this...

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know some of those old pictures out there from our youth--you can "taste this picture" or you "hear this is so and so's voice" -- that kind of thing. I can feel and taste this...

LOL, I just bought an un-™™™™ sheet set (hockey) and I'm glad no "gum" is involved.....

My dog kept on stealing the gum and hiding it, lol,,,,,,, She loves the old gum, hahaha.... Anyone what to trade a 88-91 box? lol - seriously tho? my dog loves the gum and I love the cards - hit me i[!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

That's hilarious !

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha, when all those "scratch, post and lick" stickers were a thing in the mid-80's, I was like ™™™.... If you licked George Bell's or Jimmy Key, David Wells etc or whomever - The Blue Jays tasted like sour blue barres... I wish I had some of those cards, they had to be a test issue hence super rare.... Oh yea, and some of these packs came with Bazoooka Gum - (you know those little ones with the comics) ....... If you don't know what I'm talking about you can learn or leave, lol.............. Damn now I want bazooka gum - at least it's actual gum unlike the asshats at Topps, lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

The earliest gum I have consumed was from an 82/83 pack (got a Gretzky HL card!)... from a certain famous card shop in Winnipeg (thanks John!). The gum shattered and tasted like powdered Pepto-Bismol. The 88/89 pack actually tasted like gum, but was powdered. It was nice to get a Hull and Shannahan rookie in the same pack!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Thanks for all the kind words and support on my recent article, everyone! I need to think of what to write about next.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

This was great! I never really knew anything about the history of hockey cards and your article was really interesting. Thanks for sharing it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast