Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need help with $ guesstimate. Tatum RC / Giannis RC

So, digging through some cards after a little break (my now 12 year old son used to love them and I did a few swaps here and purchased several boxes over the span of a few years to use as gifts for him.) He's saving up for some video games and the cards have been mostly forgotten.

Curious about these 2:
    2017 Tatum Hoops #253 AP #d 16/25.
    I don't see any "sold" listing for this on eBay. I see 2 current listings that are asking between $4k - 7k. What's realistic on this card? Little man has his hopes up but I'm more of a realist. I have never submitted to any grading company before so we might try our luck with PSA?

2013 Giannis Prizm RC #290
    I see a lot of these have sold. Big difference between graded and raw. Worth trying our luck on PSA with this one as well?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Tatum books $150 in OPG, but is a rare card since its serial numbered out of 25. Based on scan, card looks clean on surface and edges. Cards have all skyrocketed in general the last 6 months and Tatum cards were hot the last few. I would guess that can go for somewhere between $1K-$2K if you find the right buyer. If it grades high, you could get more.

The Giannis books $1500 in OPG, it was worth $2K a month ago. The time to sell was back then after he won second MVP, but his card sale prices have cooled down a little once Bucks got eliminated. As with the Tatum, the scan on this one looks good. A higher grade would increase sale price also.

Personally, i would keep both cards right now and not sell it until much later. Get both graded if you want to sell for a higher amount. The time to sell would be around playoff time especially if the team makes the NBA Finals.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome! Thank you. I'll do some research and submit for grading. We've never had cards worth doing that for before these. Do you think these guys will still be heavy hitters in April (?) next year? I wonder if I'd even have the cards back by then.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah both of them and their rookie cards will be sought after still.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Once it gets closer to the start of the next NBA season, card prices will surely go up, especially with those 2. Best bet is to hold now, great looking cards!