Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Group Break Results (UD Premier). Pretty happy with this one....

I don't do a lot of group breaks these days....... most breakers do either team random or buy a specific team. I understand why they do it this way (it's quick) but the risk / reward (particularly if you want a higher $$$ team like Edmonton) on buying a team - normally I'd rather just buy the card(s) I want. Team random is even more of a crap shoot.... you shell out some money, get the Coyotes, and walk away with a Shane Doan jersey card.

Anyway, I had the itch to join a Premier break, just as it released. I'm friends with a guy who runs MAXIMUM cards & breaks on FB (we'd made several trades in the past, knew him from another forum plus a couple of FB groups). I figured "why not?" and I bought the Oilers in a Premier master-case break. Here's the two cards I got:

The Draistle jersey is FT, if someone needs it, but the McDavid is headed to the PC. First GU card I've owned of him, and it's a beauty #ed /10.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Congrats on the SP PC card

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you're gonna start McDavid GU cards, that's one awesome way to kick things off. Beauty!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins
    My traders on Flickr

Great hits. The orange makes the Draisaitl card pop and you can never go wrong with a 3 color patch. congrats

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you're gonna start McDavid GU cards, that's one awesome way to kick things off. Beauty!

Yeah, no kidding! Probably won't ever be going on a run of McDavid GU stuff. I'll treat him like pretty much everyone else in my Oilers collection - and own somewhere in the 1-5 cards range. Just picky about what I want to own.

Cost wise, the issue with most McDavid stuff - what I'd like to own costs more than I'm willing to spend (I'm sure that's a familiar problem to lots of people, lol). This card is worth the cost of the group break, but it's not a card I would have sought out to buy for the cost of the group break. If that makes sense?

It'll most likely just stay locked in the PC forever, and leaves me just an auto of his to add (at least, for now).

Overall though: Higher end set, limited to 10 copies, great looking card, and a 3 colour swatch? That checks off all the boxes for what I would want in a GU card.

Great hits. The orange makes the Draisaitl card pop and you can never go wrong with a 3 color patch. congrats

Agree very much. If it were a white swatch, the card would look much worse. Blue might be okay too - but I think it's a cool looking card.

Congrats on the SP PC card

Thanks!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Beautiful hits, especially for a collector like yourself who just loves the Oilers!!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content