Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

October PC Pickups - New Habs and Team Canada Galore

This month is going to be a fun mix of new UD Team Canada Juniors and Habs stuff. Next month will be much the same, and I might even finally get that COMC order I submitted for shipping back in August. Wouldn't that be nice?

OK let's kick it off with the latest 1/1 addition to the Josh Gorges PC! While new pickups are exceedingly rare for this collection nowadays, when I do get something new it tends to be of this variety. This is the 3rd of these 30th Anniversary 1/1's I've snagged.

2019-20 Upper Deck 30th Anniversary 2010-11 #98 Josh Gorges

Now on to the Team Canada goods! Love being able to get some great-looking cards of this past year's WJC Gold Medal Champions! The auto patches are a huge hit for me, I've been grabbing a number of three-colour pieces!

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Premium Auto Patch #29 Olivier Rodrigue

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Premium Auto Patch #27 Jacob Bernard-Docker - because Jacob plays in the NCAA, these are actually his first Upper Deck cards!

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Premium Auto Patch #41 Aidan Dudas

I cracked a box of the product and here's the hits that I'm keeping:

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Jersey #25 Calen Addison

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Exclusives #103 Calen Addison

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Exclusives #93 Joel Hofer

Mr. Lafreniere makes an appearance
    2020-21 Team Canada Juniors #116 Alexis Lafreniere

The last player I met in person before the world shut down.
    2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Program of Excellence Autographs #122 Dylan Cozens

And let's cap it off with a 1/1! This one could be FT for the right cards.
    2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Finite #138 Seth Jarvis

More additions via trades, etc.

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Exclusives #120 Joel Hofer

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Jersey #42 Joel Hofer (patch auto will be next month)

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors Jersey #34 Akil Thomas (patch auto will be next month)

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors #110 Jacob Bernard-Docker

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors #108 Bowen Byram

2020-21 Team Canada Juniors #119 Ty Dellandrea

Let's turn pro with some Habs PC adds!

I'm going to come around on this trade once the season starts. I liked Max Domi a lot on this team, but sometimes things just don't work out between player, coach, and organization. Writing was on the wall during the playoffs, and I wish him well in Columbus. As it is, here we go with my first Josh Anderson PC pickups!

2015-16 Ice #114 Josh Anderson RC

2015-16 Upper Deck #217 Josh Anderson YG

And this is where we really have some fun. Big thanks to @kidkanada - I've got a real nice start to a Tyler Toffoli PC. From all indications, the Habs fans are going to like this guy. Here's the goods from our trade:

2013-14 Upper Deck #246 Tyler Toffoli

2013-14 Panini Prizm Prizm Purple Cracked Ice #246 Tyler Toffoli

2013-14 Upper Deck Rookie Materials #RMTT Tyler Toffoli

2013-14 Fleer Showcase #206 Tyler Toffoli

And this little gem of a card.
    2016-17 SP Game Used Banner Year Stanley Cup Finals Auto #BSCTT Tyler Toffoli

That's the goods for the month of October. Thanks for the look - if you have any Team Canada Juniors that you're looking to move please drop me a line as I've got a lot of wants still. See you around the boards!

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Love the Gorges 1/1 and that Toffoli Cracked Ice. Those were excellent cards!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Love the Gorges 1/1 and that Toffoli Cracked Ice. Those were excellent cards!

There are so many forgotten gems from the Panini era, eh? I got sniped on a Toffoli Playbook RC yesterday, which is too bad, would have been another nice one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wild guess......you're a kings fan?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wild guess......you're a kings fan?

Maybe with Byfield. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

A good month! Thank you for sharing! :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Prizim stuff was really under appriciated at the time it was new. Funny that hockey collectors (in general, I don't mean you.... I recall you having the Subban rainbow) basically ignored the set, until more recently when it became popular with collectors from other sports.

I'm with Aaron. The Gorges 1/1 and the Toffoli Cracked Ice are my favorites in this post.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Prizim stuff was really under appriciated at the time it was new. Funny that hockey collectors (in general, I don't mean you.... I recall you having the Subban rainbow) basically ignored the set, until more recently when it became popular with collectors from other sports.

I'm with Aaron. The Gorges 1/1 and the Toffoli Cracked Ice are my favorites in this post.

Yep that was a lot of fun chasing all those Subban. The Panini Rewards thing spurred that on--I landed the 1/1 and just went from there. I remember thinking that the set had the potential to be their equivalent of UD 1/2 (price point, collectible, etc.) but of course that was the final year they did hockey so it never had the chance to take hold with collectors.

Assuming all goes well, I should FINALLY be getting my COMC mailday this coming week. It will merit its own thread -- there's a lot of cards coming....maybe Josh appears once or twice again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Great stuff Rich! The Habs looking like the finally have some forward depth, but it still looks like three 2nd lines and no first line as of now(depending on how the kids develop). October was missing the Carey stuff though!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yep that was a lot of fun chasing all those Subban. The Panini Rewards thing spurred that on--I landed the 1/1 and just went from there. I remember thinking that the set had the potential to be their equivalent of UD 1/2 (price point, collectible, etc.) but of course that was the final year they did hockey so it never had the chance to take hold with collectors.

Assuming all goes well, I should FINALLY be getting my COMC mailday this coming week. It will merit its own thread -- there's a lot of cards coming....maybe Josh appears once or twice again.

I have a whack of stuff sitting at COMC, and with the delays that have been going on all year - I'm hesitant to request a shipment. Going to have to do it sooner or later though, the quantity is building up too much.

If Panini had stuck around, I do believe a few of their sets would have taken off. Contenders was different from SPA, but I think was a very easy equivalent. The actual RCs were rarer, and the patch parallels looked much better. Score was a good entry level set, and lots they could do with parallels, massive base sets, and buybacks. Prizim - as their feature brand - look how it does in other sports. National Treasures was superior to The Cup in every way, other than the absence of a few massive retired stars. Prime was an incredible looking set too... and Titanium RCs were under appreciated at the time, but I think would have taken off if they'd continued.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast