Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitch Miller ??

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Mitch Miller ??

are members avoiding this controversy?
    anybody have any thoughts on what happened.

we all can agree what the guy did was beyond disgusting.
    some say - but he was only 14 at the time, and everybody does "things" at that age.

has Miller been "cancelled"
    does he have to forfeit his entire career because of this incident.
    we all are different at 18 than 14. those 4 years can alter a person immensely

but he did - torture a disadvantage lad repeatedly. why wasnt he in juvie.
    why didnt adults step in to try and undo whatever is/was in his psyche to help him realize the grossness of his actions.

does he deserve a second chance ? dont we all ?
    and if we dont at what point do we draw the line?

if he cant play hockey, earn a living, can he do anything to live this down and restart his life.
    or should he just end it now because he cant be forgiven.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Political leaders on the left support this whole Woke (Cancel) Culture movement . There does seem to be a double standard regarding who is forgiven and who is not (ie PM Blackface), and for most of those who are cancelled the damage is permanent.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I feel he needs to earn people's trust and respect again. An apology that was not cooked up by a lawyer would be a good start. Perhaps making an effort to support anti-bullying or anti-racism causes. If he were to do this, I'd say yes, give him a chance. But he has made less than zero effort, as far as I can see. He really doesn't seem to care. If that's the case, forget it. You don't get another chance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Political leaders on the left support this whole Woke (Cancel) Culture movement . There does seem to be a double standard regarding who is forgiven and who is not (ie PM Blackface), and for most of those who are cancelled the damage is permanent.

So the racist bully who assaults a disabled child is the real victim and will be permanently damaged? Everyone has their priorities and way of viewing things I guess...

If the Coyotes had any brains they would have not drafted the kid and he could have quietly played 4 years with UND while being educated and hopefully maturing as a human being. If he did, he could have still had a chance to play in the NHL. The Coyotes did a huge disservice to Miller's chances to recover from his mistakes by drafting him.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

I did some really stupid and ignorant things when I was younger, glad they dont define me today
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If the Coyotes had any brains they would have not drafted the kid and he could have quietly played 4 years with UND while being educated and hopefully maturing as a human being. If he did, he could have still had a chance to play in the NHL.

this is a good point

this one i am not so sure of.

So the racist bully who assaults a disabled child is the real victim and will be permanently damaged? Everyone has their priorities and way of viewing things I guess...

i couldnt find in the article i read that he did it because he kid was a racist, but because he was a bully and his victim was someone who couldnt defend himself. but today in the States i believe tensions are running very high thanx to the democrats fanning the racial flames. hopefully after the elections things will die down some.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

If the Coyotes had any brains they would have not drafted the kid and he could have quietly played 4 years with UND while being educated and hopefully maturing as a human being. If he did, he could have still had a chance to play in the NHL.

this is a good point

this one i am not so sure of.

i couldnt find in the article i read that he did it because he kid was a racist, but because he was a bully and his victim was someone who couldnt defend himself. but today in the States i believe tensions are running very high thanx to the democrats fanning the racial flames. hopefully after the elections things will die down some.

He called him the n-word. That makes him racist...or at least he WAS racist. He can absolutely redeem himself, but he doesn't seem interested in doing so. I don't believe his life should be ripped from him, but he needs to do SOMETHING. If you're not interested in putting in some effort to redeem yourself, I would have serious issues with your character if I was an NHL executive.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He called him the n-word.

i hadn't seen that in the articles i read. i will investigate further.
    that being said, is calling someone that the definition of racism. i dont speak lighty here, i am asking truly. or does it matter only who is calling someone that. i can honestly say i have never used that word in my life, i have instilled the same values in my kids and one son is engaged to a woman of colour.
    is calling a white person "cracker" racist. or a black person calling his buddy the n-word racist. i think peoples action show much more about their character than their words for example politicians. young people dont have the mental growth yet to fully understand the extent of their actions. that maturity sets in for most in their early 20's, and for some it takes longer than that.
    also based on the US election coverage, i have come to understand that certain newspeople, or TV personalities tend to use their own bias when reporting on a story and some dont have the best intentions at heart. remember a short while back the Sandmann fiasco. that cost CNN millions in damages and was a completely false narrative.
    THAT WAS WORST THEN RACISM. THAT WAS PURE EVIL.
    hopefully the Miller kid can take to heart the damage he did and do something about it because it is the right thing to do. not just to get back a hockey career. and the people closed to him can help him grow. and the world can give a kid a second chance. in that order.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I would say a white kid, physically assaulting an African-American kid, while calling him the n-word would absolutely, 100% be the definition of racism. I quite frankly, can't see how one could possibly argue it isn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

You only earn a second chance if you make an effort and learn from your mistakes. He showed no remorse for his actions, he continued to taunt his victim over the next two years. Other NHL teams avoided this kid. While he sent apology letters to 31 NHL teams, he has never apologized to his victim. His partner in crime did. He bullied his victim, who was developmentally challenged, from grade two, until two years ago because he went away for Junior Hockey.

They forced their victim to eat a push pop rolled in a urinal and they both urinated on it.
    They used racial slurs.
    They physically assaulted their victim
    Their victim had to be tested for HIV, Hep, and STDs

Mitchell Miller has shown nothing that warrants a second chance at this point. I think UND should of revoked his scholarship when they removed him from the team. The other teen involved made a real effort to apologize and make amends.

I am not saying he can't change, but I would be surprised if he does, he hasn't done anything to be given the benefit of doubt that he recognizes what he did was wrong or attempt to make amends.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...go/3735555001/

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/...k1fypu98ls4k41

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...20neighborhood.

As for the Coyotes, someone in an executive position, or a lawyer, should of looked at this before the selection. There was no due diligence here at all, Bill Armstrong could not be consulted as per the agreement with St. Louis. Xavier Gutierrez should of been more hands on, I would even look at the the personnel who made this decision and wonder if they can be trusted with this kind of responsibility, especially as it relates to liability for the organization for this and other decisions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast