Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 1988 Swell Sammy Baugh

SCF Rewards
    Country

1988 Swell Sammy Baugh

I was looking up Sammy Baugh signed cards and found a few of these. Did he do an actual signing for them for were they individually obtained. There seems to be no certification on the back, but I do not think that was routine until the mid 90's on.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would lean to individually obtained unless someone else states otherwise.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Are you asking if they where pack inserts? Then no. 1990 Upper Deck Reggie Jackson is the first pack insert autograph.

Is it possible someone acquired a bunch of these cards and had him sign them all? Yes. These Swell cards are a popular card to find signed. Unlike today, in 1988 they didn’t make a lot of cards of the old timers and the Swell was a good way to get a card of these famous older players and especially to have them signed since in 1988 a lot of people still looked at it as sac religious to have a player sign a potentially “valuable” vintage card. Personal note- I’m not a fan and think the card is “marked” not mint but I am slowly changing my mind on this topic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They had no autographs inserted into packs for this product. The autograph was probably a TTM or IP autograph from the set. These were very popular for that since the cards were very cheap and people would rather have gotten these signed than to ruin an original card of Sammy Baugh from his playing days.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/