Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post HOFer Tommy Heinsohn Passes Away At Age 86

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/...at-age-86.html

Tommy Heinsohn, a Hall-of-Famer who has been part of the NBA and involved with the Celtics for more than six decades, has died, according to Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe. He was 86 years old.

A power forward as an NBA player, Heinsohn was a member of the Celtics’ roster from 1956 through 1965, winning eight titles and making six All-Star teams during that time while posting career averages of 18.6 PPG and 8.8 RPG in 654 games. He was also named the league’s Rookie of the Year in 1957 and helped form the National Basketball Players Association. The franchise retired his jersey (No. 15) after he hung up his sneakers.

Heinsohn later served as the head coach in Boston from 1969 to 1978, leading the Celtics to two more titles during that time and earning NBA Coach of the Year honors in 1973.

For the last four decades, Heinsohn has been a commentator for Celtics games, serving as a play-by-play man, color analyst, and in-studio analyst over the years. He established himself as one of the most recognizable local personalities in the NBA during that time.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

great Celtics Homa (homer)....

I did not realize he was that old, guess father time catches all of us...

RIP, big man... you will be missed but not forgotten

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I definitely remember his priceless homerism!

In addition to his ties to the Cs, I remember learning awhile back that he was a good artist as well; interesting tidbit here:

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/09/d...is-artist.html

It's only a matter of time before most of the old Celtics are gone, sadly. Russell and Cousy are of similar/older ages.