Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comc?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Comc?

Hey all..was wondering if COMC is a good place to buy cards?
    I noticed YG's are cheaper there than ebay which is a good thing...but maybe there is a reason for that?
    Can you contact sellers to ask about card condition?
    Is there any other sites to buy lots of cards?

thanks
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

YGs are cheap on COMC because they handle epack for UD. There are so many copies on there it's just a race to the bottom.

I like COMC. Bonus is being able to combine shipping with multiple sellers. I find it's only worth using the site if you build up a whole bunch of cards and have the stack sent to you at once. One or two cards? Not worth it. The costs can be a little misleading. First off, that's US currency. Shipping is $5, I believe it's $0.25 per additional card, and there's a 5% fee for duties on your total order. Add it all up and convert the currency...not so cheap anymore.

I've also heard shipping is super slow at the moment. As in months to receive your package.
    Last edited by subban7677; 11-14-2020 at 03:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

YGs are cheap on COMC because they handle epack for UD. There are so many copies on there it's just a race to the bottom.

I like COMC. Bonus is being able to combine shipping with multiple sellers. I find it's only worth using the site if you build up a whole bunch of cards and have the stack sent to you at once. One or two cards? Not worth it. The costs can be a little misleading. First off, that's US currency. Shipping is $5, I believe it's $0.25 per additional card, and there's a 5% fee for duties on your total order. Add it all up and convert the currency...not so cheap anymore.

I've also heard shipping is super slow at the moment. As in months to receive your package.

Ok cool lots of good info, thanks! I'm thinking 10-20 YG's so it sounds like it maybe worth it.
    cheers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Eagles
    Twitter: @docsobolatin See Scobes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Yes, I love buying on COMC, but due to the pandemic, shipping is crazy slow!

Scobes
    Hidden Content -- Hidden Content
    Baseball - Mark McGwire, Roger Clemens, Mark Sobolewski, Vintage, Set Needs & Phillies (in PHI uniform)
    Hockey - Valeri Kamensky, Chris Bala, Bob Kudelski, Patrick Rissmiller, & Autos/#ed/Base cards of Flyers (in PHI uniform)
    Football - 1950-60s Vintage & Eagles Autos Golf - Tiger Woods Basketball - 76ers Autos & Low-Numbered
    ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNATIONAL TRADING!!!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

COMC has become the world's largest vendor for sports cards. They don't have everything, but you can find almost anything you need on the site. Most common cards be found, and if it's cards from a product that is on ePack you can generally get them for blowout prices.

As others have mentioned, the pandemic has SIGNIFICANTLY impacted their business. They've been in semi-lockdown throughout and, combined with the hundreds of bored collectors who have been sending their collections in for processing to be stored at COMC, it's a nightmare. I submitted a shipment request for about 55 cards I'd accumulated over a few months on August 28th, paid $35US for "rushed" shipping on that. The cards finally shipped on Thursday. So it's a good time to build up an inventory there, but you will be waiting well into 2021 to actually see the cards in your hands.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC has become the world's largest vendor for sports cards. They don't have everything, but you can find almost anything you need on the site. Most common cards be found, and if it's cards from a product that is on ePack you can generally get them for blowout prices.

As others have mentioned, the pandemic has SIGNIFICANTLY impacted their business. They've been in semi-lockdown throughout and, combined with the hundreds of bored collectors who have been sending their collections in for processing to be stored at COMC, it's a nightmare. I submitted a shipment request for about 55 cards I'd accumulated over a few months on August 28th, paid $35US for "rushed" shipping on that. The cards finally shipped on Thursday. So it's a good time to build up an inventory there, but you will be waiting well into 2021 to actually see the cards in your hands.

Sounds good, thankyou!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Also, if you want check on ebay for come listings. As they let you combine shipping for 10 days free I believe. As I bought from them on ebay but not from their site. Can avoid the fees from COMC directly as you will deal with comc on ebay versus the site. Just some more food for thought.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

With the exception of stock images from epack releases, all COMC cards can be looked at in relatively high detail (front and back).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

COMC marks up their cards significantly on their BIN auctions on eBay. Unless they are running an auction with actual bidding, I'd suggest going straight to COMC to buy the card rather than BIN on eBay.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

COMC marks up their cards significantly on their BIN auctions on eBay. Unless they are running an auction with actual bidding, I'd suggest going straight to COMC to buy the card rather than BIN on eBay.

COMC is getting better with this... there is now a “send it to auction” option for COMC account holders. The bidding starts at $0.99 and the final price is the sales price. If you win one of these you have the option to have it added to your COMC account directly (and save on the ridiculous eBay global shipping rates). COMC’s ‘fee’ for this is a $3.00 flat charge plus a percentage. You have to sign up each card to do this (unlike the BIN way below, which is a sign up once and all/most cards are in the program). I suspect COMC and Cardzio use similar mass upload interfaces.

Re Bin:

I do agree that the prices are laughable. What COMC does is that once you sign up for the passive eBay listing feature (different than from above), COMC will list random selections from your portfolio at your asking price on COMC plus the eBay slice plus the CPMC slice. A $5 COMC card turns into a $12 eBay via COMC card that way. It was so strange on the first day I saw one of my COMC cards on eBay.... I was using eBay sales values to price my COMC stuff and lo and behold - there is my card #/15. I don’t know what standard COMC uses to pick out these cards for BIN auction - seems like $0.25 all the way up to super high end 1/1 McDavid autos. You get paid out when the transaction on eBay is completed and COMC takes care of everything. They take a small slice of your asking price as a commission.

I use the COMC eBay auctions as a ‘red flag’ for PC cards having been put up on COMC. 99.999% of the time I just head over to COMC and buy it from the owner and have it put in my portfolio for later shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast