Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

I'm surprised there hasn't been any lawsuits against this cutting allocation, then magically getting more product for more money a month later. Seems rife for a anti-competitive monopoly challenge.

I don't see how as there are many distributors in play

as a fellow consumer it's beyond annoying that they do this - but ultimately it's kind of their choice to try and make as much money as they can from the product they're moving - the only "lawsuits" i can think of which would be viable would be between the manufacturer (UD in this case) and the distributor if their contracts prevent them from doing this type of thing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I don't see how as there are many distributors in play

as a fellow consumer it's beyond annoying that they do this - but ultimately it's kind of their choice to try and make as much money as they can from the product they're moving - the only "lawsuits" i can think of which would be viable would be between the manufacturer (UD in this case) and the distributor if their contracts prevent them from doing this type of thing

In the U.S. there is GTS and Southern Hobby Supply and Magazine Exchange. In Canada there is Universal and Grosner.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could reply but I'm afraid that my SCF membership would immediately be revoked for using extremely foul language at the prices of 2020-21 Series 1 Upper Deckm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

We lucked out and the owner our local had boxes at $97 USD but if you are a regular you get a 10% discount so down to $90 a box. I bought a bunch. Owner said the next shipment would be around $125. which I won't pay so I loaded up on this first order.

If anyone is interested I have an extra set from card 1 through all the young guns including Alexis!

PM if interested

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am glad I secured my hobby cases at about $100 CAD a box.
    Last edited by Ray33; 11-20-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I am glad I secured my hobby cases at about $100 CAD a box.

Congrats..
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    NULL NULL

Most of the price hikes for box's are due to the box breaker's on on youtube and the pandemic. I use to love the box breakers because i would watch and see what they get so i new if it was worth my money to buy a box but now due to so many of them out there its driving the price of the box's sky high. even on old stuff. I remember buy 15-16 UD Chapms boxs for about $50 USD now they are $125+. Even junk wax like 93-94 Leaf my local shop was trying to sell a box for $35 a box. or 1991 Stadium club for $25. There is nothing in that stuff of any value. The cards are more valuable left as on unopened box then opened. Even on ebay with shipping the prices are not far off. As much as i have the urge to buy some packs or a box its just not worth it.

Thats just my take on the current hobby. I cant say im a fan on the direction it has taken.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Most of the price hikes for box's are due to the box breaker's on on youtube and the pandemic. I use to love the box breakers because i would watch and see what they get so i new if it was worth my money to buy a box but now due to so many of them out there its driving the price of the box's sky high. even on old stuff. I remember buy 15-16 UD Chapms boxs for about $50 USD now they are $125+. Even junk wax like 93-94 Leaf my local shop was trying to sell a box for $35 a box. or 1991 Stadium club for $25. There is nothing in that stuff of any value. The cards are more valuable left as on unopened box then opened. Even on ebay with shipping the prices are not far off. As much as i have the urge to buy some packs or a box its just not worth it.

Thats just my take on the current hobby. I cant say im a fan on the direction it has taken.

You're right, the wax hikes have been crazy. I agree.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

Current Wantlist:
    Hidden Content

Traders:
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12