Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

2020-21 Upper Deck Rounded Corners - Quality Control or Planned

Looking at the corners of all my Young Guns from this year, they all have rounded corners. The regular cards are very similar as well. Is Upper Deck doing this as an intentional cut to eliminate the chipping that usually happened on the corners? Also, how does this translate to the grading process? Curious what others think.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

This year’s UD 1 is an all time low for quality control. Not only are there corner issues (almost cut rounded) but the surface of the cards stick together. I would 100% not invest in sealed 20-21 series 1 product in the future unless the card sticking improves.

1-800-873-7332 is UD Customer Service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Yikes, not exactly a ringing endorsement for this year's product.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See vsarmy's Items on eBay

I believe upper deck needs to go to cutting cards like Playoff One on One 1995-96 since they seem to can't get corners correct aka round*61383-1Bk.jpg
    Last edited by volkov956; 11-21-2020 at 02:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Q/C issues may have been due to Covid and a rushed print run time. UD may have even changed their printer.

This might also be only a “first wave” of Series 1 (similar to the Crosby/Ovechkin RC year). Look for higher quality ‘retail’ stream boxes to flood the market.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I wonder if anyone else is having issues. I not seen not one other post in the half a dozen post about the Alexis yg's that been pulled. I would assume those guys or gals that pulled them would be fuming if their Alexis Yg's had rounded corners.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    My traders on Flickr

I've heard this complaint a LOT with this year's release. I pre-ordered several hobby boxes before release day and they haven't arrived yet so I'm anxious to see the quality. Having said that, I did manage to buy a couple of retail boxes on release day and all my YG's, including Lafreniere, had nice sharp corners so I wonder if this is a hobby vs retail issue or just random.
    Hidden Content
    Traders album: Hidden Content
    Full traders list: Hidden Content
    Instagram: leafer.70

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no vested interest in this year's series 1, but I can say I definitely saw some videos floating around of very bad pack pulls on ALL young guns. Base cards seemed to be cut sharp and fine, but the YGs were all terrible.

Here's one of the videos I saw:

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

I looked at all of the ones I have pulled from a case and did not notice anything that stands out as a rounded corner.
    Current Wantlist:
    Hidden Content

Traders:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is strange - the ones that have rounded corners almost look as thought they were cut round... not dinged or fuzzy.

Reminds me of a Magic or Pokemon card, but over the radius of about 1mm. Mostly front right top/bottom.

Lots of sticking cards, ink/surface lifts as well.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast