Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (87)
    Country

Thank you for your responses! This is a big reason why I came back to the hobby, it is the wonderful information you all possess and love to pass on.

@krunchtyme ; (I hope the mention works this time lol), it is a awesome card, and I love how the front of the card looks. Mahomes is my PC player, so I am just wondering what you would do in this scenario? Do you think I should see if I can send back (seeing the price I paid), or be happy I get an awesome card for my PC cheaper then most of the other Rated Rookies autos are.

Sorry for the long message I am just getting back into the hobby and I was never able to buy higher end cards before.

I love that Dez auto and I failed to see what caused the grade......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (87)
    Country

I thought it looked that way with the corner also. I can see the white line but it does not look like it is peeled back on the scans.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@johnashleyjacob

It's still an awesome card. No matter how you slice it you own an Autographed Mahomes Rookie!. I would love to give you advice on what to do, but only you can make that decision. I think the card looks amazing from the front. You had said it was lower in price than others and I am assuming it's that corner that made some people shy away. Getting slabbed by PSA is not a permanent thing, you can always "crack a card out of the slab". Going back to my Dez card. I'm not sure if I would send it in to be graded if I thought it would get a 6. Now if I had a 1963 Bob Lilly Rookie...I'm totally sending it in and hoping for a 6. My Staubach rookie is a PSA 8 (OC) and I may send it in again to get the (OC) removed and take the grade I get (probably a 6).

So in short, you own an awesome card. Protect it! What ever way you see fit.

Now as for the purchase. I would reach out to the seller and discuss the corner. Just be honest. You knew there was a corner issue, but it seems worse than what the image shows. See what he says, he may say..too bad.....or?????

I did some research on eBay. Found a PSA 6 Auto/Patch Mahomes RC sold for $1800+ So it still may not "lose" value if you paid around $2k, especially if Mahomes continues to play at this level. 9s and 10's some upwards of $15,000.

What ever you decide, you'll have to let us know and share the photos! Besides, my opinion isn't the gospel, I'm just going off of experience and research. I've been known to be wrong or off slightly. Slightly in this case could be a few thousand dollars. Especially with new cards, the market fluctuation is HUGE!!!!!!!

Either way, stick around and keep us in the loop!!!!
    Last edited by krunchtyme; 12-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (87)
    Country

@krunchtyme ; thank you so much for the info and all the work you did. I am just getting back into this and stuck with graded cards as I did not want this to happen and at least I know the condition. I am not worried about the cards being perfect. Just that I know the value a little more then a guess job. I really appreciate you help me out. I have contacted the seller and he is fine with me send the card back. Now the dilemma is do I want to...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12