Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Montreal Canadiens Montreal Canadiens
    See ravishingrick's Items on eBay

Administration Forced Dispute Resolution

So here's what's going on. I sent a trader several cards in a trade. Once he gets them he says one is damaged and sends a pic of the back of the card where there is a bit of corner missing. As i had just received the card in another trade from a Facebook page i thought ok maybe i missed it so i send out a replacement he wanted. 2 days later he contacts me and says one was not a refractor like it was supossed to be. As i had received the card in the same trade and it had come in a top loader that said refractor i couldn't be sure it was so i sent two other cards he wanted to replace it. I looked the cards over and they were good. Once he receives them he says the one was damaged and sends a pic. I told him i checked them before sending out and they were good and that was that. He has a score of 20 on feedback. He has now opened a dispute and Admin is demanding i send cards to replace the damaged card(or i will be suspended) because i don't have a pic of the card before sending. What is everyones thoughts on this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

If the cards have some value, scrub the entire deal and don’t trade with them again (mention this to admins). Get all your stuff back and send his back. Preferably do this through a neutral admin (you both send the cards there).

If the cards are worth less than $5 each, give him what he wants but work through an admin (ie send them to the admin to send to him). Once the trade is done, don’t trade with them again (mention this to admins).

I don’t think this guy is scamming you, but I do think that he is being far too unreasonable... especially if we are talking lower value cards. The easiest way to remedy this situation is clear communication and scans/photos.

I wish you luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its guys like that that make me very wary of who i trade with now. In most cases i take Pics of my cards before i send them out so i can prove what i sent. Would be nice to know who this member is so he can be avoided cause that sounds fishy to me!!
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 12-20-2020 at 08:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Had this happen in a recent trade as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In all fairness if he claims a card was damaged, and you describe it as " there is a bit of corner missing", then you didnt do a very good job of properly assessing your card.

If he asked for a replacement, which you agreed, and in his request as per your list or written on the top loader via scan is said "refractor" ..... and he didnt get the refractor version of the card ..... again I am gonna say you didnt clearly assess / label what you are trading.

I would assume third times a charm .... but could you have possibly missed another condition note with the next replacements you sent? You missed the "bit of corner missing" in the first part of the trade, mislabeled a card as a refractor when it wasnt ...... not to sound like im pointing the finger solely at you, but just looking at this case alone ..... things dont look favorable on your end.

On the other hand. Some people expect Gem Mint PSA 10 or BGS 9.5 cards in every trade or purchase. Maybe that could be the case and the card you did send on the 3rd occasion was a MINT 9, but the other party was hoping to get it graded?

This could have all been avoided if the first card was not so badly damaged, and the 1st replacement was a card he was expecting to get.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If this deal happened here at SCF, this really isn't an appropriate course of action for your resolution. It's not a public hearing.

If it happened elsewhere and you're looking for guidance, please send me a message and I can re-open the thread.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content