Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 Season Thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Drummond was a terrible fit in Cleveland, so I'm sure he's thrilled to have joined LeBron in L.A. Cleveland has really done badly since LeBron left; they aren't a well-run organization, and so are completely without direction and identity at this point. I'm a lot more optimistic for my Thunder, who have a really good new coach, always have had a good culture, and have a great piece to build around (SGA). Meanwhile in Cleveland, none of the vets want to stay or play. Kevin Love has been out with a sore calf for months. A sore calf. OKC's vets are at least playable and movable.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

It's been a month. OKC has tanked completely now that SGA has been out for awhile with plantar fasciitis. But they at least don't have the dysfunction of the Cavaliers, who have witnessed an epic tantrum from Kevin Love and a game where he took 0 shots in 22 minutes in their last two contests. Love has apparently given up, and Cleveland fans aren't happy.

One big surprise: the emergence of Julius Randle and the New York Knicks. I don't watch the Knicks much ever, but I see they've crept up in the standings, and Randle is having a career year.

I do think tanking has become a major problem in today's game. Some teams are unwatchable at this point. Some of the worst basketball I've ever seen has taken place this season. I hope the playoffs will be more interesting because, overall, this has been a season to forget.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

It's been a month. OKC has tanked completely now that SGA has been out for awhile with plantar fasciitis. But they at least don't have the dysfunction of the Cavaliers, who have witnessed an epic tantrum from Kevin Love and a game where he took 0 shots in 22 minutes in their last two contests. Love has apparently given up, and Cleveland fans aren't happy.

One big surprise: the emergence of Julius Randle and the New York Knicks. I don't watch the Knicks much ever, but I see they've crept up in the standings, and Randle is having a career year.

I do think tanking has become a major problem in today's game. Some teams are unwatchable at this point. Some of the worst basketball I've ever seen has taken place this season. I hope the playoffs will be more interesting because, overall, this has been a season to forget.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially agree and dislike the tanking that teams are obviously doing and kind of hand in hand with that is all the rest days. My goodness so many good players sit out so much and happens randomly and usually for no good reason... almost makes the product unwatchable in the regular season. Playoffs should be better, usually are but they need to do something about the regular season and fast!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Last couple days of regular season should be interesting to determine seeding for playoffs. Was hoping for a clippers vs Lakers first round match up but now may not happen until conference finals and that’s if both teams can make it that far.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last couple days of regular season should be interesting to determine seeding for playoffs..

Agreed

Most years the playoff seeding makes zero difference. This year it seems like a lot more teams are "in it" so where you get seeded could make all the difference.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Well my suns had a great season but got the short end of the stick being a 2 seed since they are going to most likely have to play the Lakers in the first round.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well my suns had a great season but got the short end of the stick being a 2 seed since they are going to most likely have to play the Lakers in the first round.

They just bounced the Lakers and Lebron out of the playoffs in the first round. Who saw that one coming?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

They just bounced the Lakers and Lebron out of the playoffs in the first round. Who saw that one coming?

Man I did not see that coming especially when Chris Paul seemed like the shoulder injury was going to be an issue in game one but then Anthony Davis got hurt and suns took over. Glad to see it! Also very surprised the nuggets without Murray beat the blazers. I think the winner of the bucks and nets series is going to win it all, give a small chance to the jazz IF Conley can get and stay healthy. Very excited to see it all play out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

A few series have me fairly perplexed. I had the Blazers beating the Nuggets without Murray, but I wasn't too surprised by the Lakers losing to the Suns. I thought the Lakers collapse would happen last season, but the Lakers somehow (other teams injuries) got the the chip. Luck and destiny/slotting/how things factor in/out have huge says in whether or not a team can compete for a chip.

I though the finals would be 76ers vs Clippers, but I'd settle with the Clippers/Nets as I'd take the company pool :) (only person with Clippers in the finals)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Besides thinking they will meet in the NBA Finals I would have to believe the NBA brass wants the Nets versus Clippers NBA Finals to happen. Would be the biggest star power in the biggest markets they have left.

Interestingly enough with the Mavericks now being eliminated the last time anyone of the remaining franchises have won an NBA title was like 1983 with some still remaining having NEVER won one yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast