Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-21 Season Thread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

2020-21 Season Thread

Here's a thread to discuss the new season.

I caught some of OKC's opener, but turned it off when they went down by double digits in the second. I missed SGA's game winner! Overall, I think it will nonetheless be a tough rebuilding season for them, and SGA, Dort, and vet sharpshooter George Hill will have to will them to some close wins to remain at least somewhat competitive. The second unit looks really lackluster other than maybe Muscala. Al Horford also apparently can't score anymore. Bazley is still fairly raw, but will get big minutes as a starter.

Any predictions, comments? How are your favorite team(s) and player(s) doing?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

very happy to see ball back. should be a volatile season with rest days and missed games due to covid. Some sloppy play early on with no summer league and short preseason and training camp. I think by mid jan play improves. There have been a few good games and big numbers to be excited about early.

I am both a laker and raps fan for 20+ years. Optimistic on the lakes who have built depth to let bron and AD coast through the season. In the West I still see the clips as their biggest challenge if they put it together after collapsing last year. Very down on the Raps this year. I think they fight for 6th with the pacers.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

very happy to see ball back. should be a volatile season with rest days and missed games due to covid. Some sloppy play early on with no summer league and short preseason and training camp. I think by mid jan play improves. There have been a few good games and big numbers to be excited about early.

I am both a laker and raps fan for 20+ years. Optimistic on the lakes who have built depth to let bron and AD coast through the season. In the West I still see the clips as their biggest challenge if they put it together after collapsing last year. Very down on the Raps this year. I think they fight for 6th with the pacers.

Looks like you're right on the Raps...they're off to a slow start, 0-3 so far. But I agree, the Lakers should continue to dominate. Bron is getting up there in age (I hate writing that because he and I are almost the same age, about a month apart lol), but he's still in great shape, AD is still in his prime, and yes the supporting cast seems the right one for them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now that Harden I has been traded I will make my prediction. He was a good enough player that if he was traded to a team on the bubble of winning it would have been enough to put them over the top. I like the move for the Nets but there is just too much happening on that team for them to win it this season so I'll go with the predictable and boring prediction of Lakers versus 76ers in the Finals. Again I think the only way somebody in the West knocks off the Lakers is if the Lakers don't get the #1 seed. Otherwise they are a lock for the NBA Finals and I think they are better than any team out East by far except for the 76ers so unless it the 76ers facing the Lakers the Finals will be a blowout.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My Thunder continue to overachieve. The new young head coach is doing a fantastic job.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Being a Lakers hater it is hard to pick them to win the West, but I think that is a given again this year! I'm a Celtics fan and would love to see them win the East but the Nets/76ers will be the 3 to beat in the East.

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Copied and pasted from ESPN Stats and Info. Wow!

According to @EliasSports, Luka Doncic and Zion Williamson are the 2nd pair of opposing players, each 21 or younger, to both score at least 35 points in the same game in NBA history.

Kevin Durant (46 pts for Thunder) and Eric Gordon (41 pts for Clippers) did this on Jan. 23, 2009

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Lots of big performances, Jokic is amazing and Harden carries the Nets tonight.

Was impressed with Zion’s ball handling and in the second half he seemed to be getting double teams, special focus.

The Pelicans trading Anthony Davis to the Lakers looks like a win - win at this time!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I continue to be happy with how competitive the Thunder are. If they're tanking, they're tanking the right way, lol. Competitive almost every night. Very well-coached.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had his career high tonight -- amazing performance! And Lu Dort hit the game winner to put away the Spurs. Amazing fun night for OKC fans!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast