Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Drew Pearson Reflects on 45th Anniversary of “The Hail Mary”

Drew Pearson's home is filled with memorabilia from his illustrious athletic career. Among his most cherished ornaments are mementos from the play known as "The Hail Mary."

He can't believe it's been 45 years since one of the most iconic plays in NFL history.

"When you think 45 years, 'Wow, wow," said Pearson. "Am I that old actually?"

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/b...-mary/2514796/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

It was an amazing catch but what I like about this article Don is seeing, touching that ball again after all these years! Thanks for sharing this Don!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It was an amazing catch but what I like about this article Don is seeing, touching that ball again after all these years! Thanks for sharing this Don!

Bake

ROB,

Like he said he kissed it, hugged it, etc. Would be a pretty cool story to share with a athlete from such a iconic moment in sports.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

So around June 1997, I was stationed in Fort Shafter Hawaii with the Army. I did a lot of shopping at the Air Force (Hickham) base and bought packs are cards there as well. While there, my wife and I got in line to get an autograph from none other than Dallas Cowboys hero Drew Pearson! So, as I get to Mr. Pearson, his cellphone rings and he looks at me and says, hang on one second. Of course, I'm like, hell yeah no problem!!!! Mr. Pearson, then turns back to me and says, "Tyson just bit Holyfield's ear off!" Then he went back to his cellphone and was like, hey, I'm in an autograph session, let me call you back in a few hours! He then went on to sign some autographs for me! He was awesome!!!!!!! Just chit chatting with me about Tyson and Holyfield!

If I could get into the part of the closet with 8x10 autoed pics I have, I would have scanned it in. I believe he wrote on it, "To the #1 Cowboy's fan" after my wife said I was a big Cowboy's fan. Man, I need to clean out the closet now.......

Side note.....I also ran into Holyfield's trainer in a small town in North Carolina. I told him the story too!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Found it!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome photo and a great story for you.

Don