Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

2000 Playoff Contenders Auto Ticket questions

Specifically about the “authentic stamp”

I was out of the card collecting game and would never have spent that much on a pack of cards that year so my knowledge of this set is minimal. Found a little information on “how to spot a fake Brady” and that was a bit helpful.

I recently purchased a raw Urlacher. Finally arrived in the mail. Upon inspection the “authentic stamp” is upside down and in the top right corner of the card vs bottom left. What’s your thoughts? Was this even a semi remotely common occurrence with poor quality control? Instant clue it’s a fake? Looking through a few other 2000 contenders cards on eBay I can’t find any others where it’s not on the bottom of the card.

I may have to buy some cheap common cards from the set to compare before I waste the money to submit this for grading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox
    See Chinmonster2's Items on eBay

Every Urlacher contender I've seen has the embossed logo on the bottom left. This might be a legit error, but then again it could be a factory defect that left the facilities and got signed later. Assuming it's not a fake, I would imagine the best you'll get is an AUTH with no grade if you sent it in. Personally, I'd see about getting a refund.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I went a different route. Bought two more. Still waiting for them to arrive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So........ darn the luck? Card number two arrived yesterday and guess what??? It’s stamped the same as the first. Upside down and top right corner. Two different sellers in to different parts of the country. Don’t mean the card couldn’t have originated from the same person (or cough counterfeiter cough cough).

I also bought a cheaper no body card from the same set but from a different seller for comparison purposes. I haven’t gone over them yet with a fine tooth comb. But my original second concern from my first Urlacher card was that the gloss was....well....glossy. I read these cards weren’t very glossy so the autograph would stick better. The cheap card seems to have just as much gloss as both Urlacher’s. At this point, I just don’t know.

I’ll soon have a third Urlacher card to arrive for more comparison. This one I can tell from the pictures on eBay is stamped correctly in the bottom left corner. We shall see