Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Another Cool Goodwill Find To Start 2021 Off In style!

As you all remember, I had a few good runs at Goodwill of finding cool hockey items for my collection last year. Right after Christmas is the best time to visit as lots of cool stuff always get brought in.

Today I noticed they finally had hockey cards in stock again.Of course, loads of way overpriced early 1990s single cards were there, but there was a plastic little baggy of cards for $4.50CDN. The front and back had some of those "desirable" early 1990s Score cards, but I noticed some intriguing die-cut shapes in the center. I picked it up because at worst, I'd spend less than $5 on commons, at best, maybe some cool inserts would pop out. Anyways, I found some cool die-cut McDonald's inserts of Kiprusoff, Lidstrom, and Henrik Lundqvist...oh yeah, and two of the McDonald's Sidney Crosby rookie cards. I mean, they aren't in mint shape (some corner dings), but for $4.50 for all of that, plus the inserts, I'm happy with the haul.

Then...not only that, I spotted a 1967-68 OPC Rookie of Doug Shelton for $5.00CDN which I am happy to pay for an over 50 year old card.

On top of that, I also found two binders full of several hundred Pokemon cards for $20 total, from rare, to uncommon, to common, to first edition. I do not like Pokemon at all, however, I am well aware of their value in the secondary marketplace. Suffice it to say that the Pokemon stuff should net me a decent ROI.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Awesome stuff

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Cool finds!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Love Goodwill deals and thanks for sharing this great deal!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very nice for the price you paid! I'm with you on the Pokemon..... I don't know squat about it, but if someone offered me a couple of binders full for $20, I'd take it and then see what I have afterwards.

I've never seen stuff like this at the Goodwill stores around me, but I don't go in often.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Always love shopping at thrift stops for finds here and there.

Thanks for sharing.

DON

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Such an awesome way to start the year, Bruce! You sure have a way with Goodwill finds! Keep the treasure hunt going!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content