Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

“How did this card get this grade?” thread

We have all seen and probably even own some cards and are left scratching our head and questioning what was the particular graders thinking that day. Either graded too high or not high enough. Let’s have some fun. I’ll start.

I’m in the market for a LT rookie for my DPOY registry and found this Mint 9. It’s awful!!!!

Front of card. So far OC!
    Back of card

Nasty top right corner

Ugly PD (print defect)

Some sort of nicked edge

Big wax stain on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

That is one of the worst cards I have EVER seen in that grade. It had to be a mistake. The OC alone would have lowered that grade, never mind the print defects present and edges/corners....

Mistakes happen and there is a good example. I wonder if you told PSA about it what they would do? I know what would happen if you sent that in now.

Well, great grade...forgive me, if I say, not an overly great card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Wow that is crazy

SCF Rewards
    Country

For the record this LT card above I posted is NOT my card. It’s currently listed on eBay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There isn’t anything PSA can do about it now. I am not 100% sure but I think I read even if it’s sent in for a reholder they can’t change the grade just the information about the card on the label.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

OK....I think I figured this one out. No really!

I went back to the PSA grading standards. Here is PSA 6. It fits this card to a T!

PSA 6 not PSA 9. I think some one pulled an oops. Now it doesn't change that some one at PSA did not do their job on the review, but at least it makes a little bit of sense of how this card could have gotten through.

SCF Rewards
    Country

About the only thing that would make sense is they looked at the grade upside down when they made the label.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

Glad to hear it isn't yours. If the price was right, then hey, but I wouldn't pay PSA 9 prices for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh he is asking full on PSA 9 price for this card. I’m not the least bit interested in buying this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Clearly a mistake whether intentional or not. Guess it just confirms that you should look at all pics closely even when buying high grade cards. Many times I've just clicked that button just going on the title. Fortunately never bought a 9 like that though.