Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks
    See superboost8's Items on eBay

KSA to PSA or BGS Grading Question

Hi All,

I am looking into buying the these two cards:

-Lemieux OPC Rookie KSA 8
    -Ovechkin UD Young Guns KSA 8.5

Would it be worth the effort to get them graded by PSA or BGS and would the grades most likely be lower/higher/stay the same?

If you think it would be worth it to get them regraded what is best, cracking the cases open and sending raw cards or leaving them in the KSA slabs? Also would sending them in with min grades equal to the KSA grades be a good idea?

I have found very different opinions on cross grading so any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by Tchard8; 01-13-2021 at 05:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I don't deal in graded cards at all, but I see enough in the hobby to know that people will see the KSA and not put any value in their grade at all. If KSA (whose standards I've heard are light) graded those cards as low as they did, PSA or BGS probably will probably (big caveat here) score them worse than KSA did. I'm not sure it would be worth your money to send them in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

as someone who LOVES graded YG, if i see a non BGS/PSA slab, I treat the card as raw. I simply don't care unless its them (or SGC if I did Vintage)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just crossed 2 cards to PSA. I honestly just wanted the pair to be in the same type of holder, and I have been using PSA more frequently.

I had these 2:

BGS 9 Ultimate Au Rookie Ovechkin /299
    KSA 9.5 Ultimate Au Rookie Crosby /299

Both crossed to PSA 10.

From all the cards ive seen people cross from KSA to PSA, I dont usually see a better grade as the outcome. I too look at high grade modern KSA cards as mint raw.

For vintage, it seems all companies grade so differently its tough to say what a potential cross would be
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks
    See superboost8's Items on eBay

Thanks for the replies, still mulling over it but this is great to know!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

canucks,
    When you sent them to PSA did you send them Raw or did you leave them in the original holders? I have some SGC and BGS that I am thinking of crossing over as well, and been trying to see if I really want to do it or not.

I just crossed 2 cards to PSA. I honestly just wanted the pair to be in the same type of holder, and I have been using PSA more frequently.

I had these 2:

BGS 9 Ultimate Au Rookie Ovechkin /299
    KSA 9.5 Ultimate Au Rookie Crosby /299

Both crossed to PSA 10.

From all the cards ive seen people cross from KSA to PSA, I dont usually see a better grade as the outcome. I too look at high grade modern KSA cards as mint raw.

For vintage, it seems all companies grade so differently its tough to say what a potential cross would be

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

canucks,
    When you sent them to PSA did you send them Raw or did you leave them in the original holders? I have some SGC and BGS that I am thinking of crossing over as well, and been trying to see if I really want to do it or not.

I would love to know this. I have two big $ BGS9.5s that I think could be PSA10s, but I struggle with the logic of why would PSA give it a 10 and admit BGS is a tougher grader... I just don't understand why they would lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

@penguinsChief
    @kylemclaren7

I broke both cards and sent them raw.