Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: All Canadian Division

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

All Canadian Division

I saw that @jameslacarte had started a thread about the Canadian division.... and after it turned into a Leafs vs Habs conversation, he closed it himself.

I'll start it back up again, but will just share my thoughts on the Division. James, join in if you like :)

First, I recognize that it was necessary. It was a smart way to get the government in Canada to buy into their return to play plan. It had to be done.

I don't find anything about lumping all 7 Canadian teams into the same division to be particularly exciting in and of itself.

Edmonton vs Calgary & Vancouver are always exciting games. I get about as excited for a game vs Winnipeg as I do for a game vs Florida, or Arizona. Same with Ottawa. The fact that those two clubs happen to be based in the same country as my favorite team, does nothing to make those games extra exciting.

Most of my friends are either Habs fans or Leaf fans. That makes those games more fun normally, and this year will be no different.

There is no reason to keep this division going forward. They'll revert back to doing things by Timezone (they should). I do hope this leads to a more unbalanced schedule going forward. I'd prefer to see clubs play their own division six times a season... and the other conference just once.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the Canadian Division, i think it will bring back some of the old rivalries that were just plain exciting to watch!! Leafs vs Sens tonight too!!
    Bring back the Nordiques!! Those Habs/Nordiques games were some of the best!!
    & i hope your thread turns out better than mine did.
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 01-15-2021 at 05:51 PM.