Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

do card grading companies include cards that are showing through the wax on the slab label?

If so I haven't seen one yet.

I'm pretty sure they do. I can't remember 100%, but I think I remember seeing them notate it on the flip

SCF Rewards
    Country

do card grading companies include cards that are showing through the wax on the slab label?

If so I haven't seen one yet.

I know they do with rack packs and cello packs so I wouldn't see why grading companies wouldn't with wax packs - obviously if they're authentic that is..

The real question is which service do you go with to get them graded? Baseball Card Exchange (BBCE) authenticates packs - that's their thing - authenticating unopened material. Of course PSA and BGS grade packs too. Obviously all three are reputable but specialize in different aspects... I mean if I owned these packs I would probably go with BBCE given their expertise is in authenticating unopened vintage material.... Well, since there are 2 packs you could send one to BBCE and the other one to PSA or BGS.... The only thing tho is that I don't know if BBCE designates a grade or not - I think they just validate that the packs are authentic (or not)... But realistically who cares about grades? the grade of the packs themselves is irrelevant considering the selling/collecting point on the packs is the fact Wayne Gretzky is showing on back....

There is one negative tho, even if the packs are authentic - the Gretzky's will likely have wax stains being on the bottom of the pack(s).... So on one hand it's awesome to have 2 Gretzky rookies showing on the bottom of sealed packs, but on the other hand there is no way they could possibly grade a PSA 6 or higher....

Either way $100,000 is absolutely out of the question. I mean if I had the money I would offer the seller - or at least start with 10k a pack because like I pointed out - the Gretzky's are on the bottom hence there will likely be wax damage on the back of the card and that really reduces a cards value.... So factoring just the cards you could presume that as far as grade they would grade out to a PSA 6 which sells regularly for $7,000 to $7,500, so yea - I think $10,000 a pack is what they're worth.. PSA 6 + an extra $2,500-$3,000 for the novelty of being in a sealed pack? ... Maybe an extra $1,000 for grading fees? yea, getting these packs authenticated and graded is NOT going to be cheap process, nor should it be....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123