Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

EBay Newbie Probation.. Looking to get Paroled!!

anybody know how many Feedbacks i need to get to get off EBay Probation? I can only post 10 items per month too, which is peanuts compared to what i have to list for sale & i also have a spending limit even though i have more funds available in my Paypal. By the time February comes around the cards i want to post, Mostly Trios, wont be as desirable & i wont get as much for them as i would right now. Any help is much appreciated.
    James

Sure is frustrating having an item you bid on get down to 10 seconds left & somebody swoops in & scams it from you!! Grrrrrrrr...
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 01-17-2021 at 09:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See vsarmy's Items on eBay

there is lots of auto bid sites and bots so last second bids can get very interesting especially with 5 seconds left and a bidder bids say 20 times in 1 dollar increments in microseconds.

SCF Rewards
    Country

"Sure is frustrating having an item you bid on get down to 10 seconds left & somebody swoops in & scams it from you!! Grrrrrrrr..."

What is this logic? How DARE someone bid more than you on an OPEN auction DURING the allotted period of time. The nerve of that scammer ........ For the record, I only bid on auctions with under 5 secs to go. There are a few exceptions where I want to let all other bidders know a card is mine so I try and control the auction from beginning to end.

If you are a new ebay seller, it takes quite a bit of time to build up enough feedback to list many auctions and be able sell big dollars. Its stops people from creating new accounts, scamming a whole bunch of people and disappearing. You didnt even mention ebay / paypal holding your money until a card arrives, or the buyer marks the card as arrived and leaves feedback. Thats another common thing ebay does for newer sellers.

Its like when youre first getting your drivers license. What do you mean im not allowed to cram a whole bunch of my friends into my car, blast music and cruise around .... paying half attention to the road. And 0% tolerance on any alcohol in my blood stream? Not fair that driver with 10 years experience is allowed to have a beer in him when he drives.

The rules are there to protect the buyers / sellers who have taken the time to build up a good reputation.

I was a Top Rated seller on ebay before Covid hit. The only reason I am not anymore is because I closed down my store for a few months and did not make the yearly quota for sales in 2020. I am Above Standard in every category; Past Seller level, Current Seller level and If we evaluated you today seller level. I have a minimum of 4.8/5 Stars in every category over the past year (125+ selling transactions). Ive been using ebay since 2004, mainly buying to start but selling for quite a long time now, have 100% positive feedback ..... and I still have Monthly Limits on my account. I never hit those limits for Quantity of items (Sold/Listed) ir Amount Sold (Sold/Listed) .... but it shows you get ebay privilege's slowly, and rightfully so.

No one gets the benefit of the doubt, no matter if you have $1,000,000 in your bank account or $100 ..... if youve been in the hobby for 25+ years or just started in 2020. Ebay even puts BUYING limits on new members accounts
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i wasnt saying anything other than its frustrating but i guess you just like to try to get under my skin, it seems to be a trend with you buy hey, keep up the good work!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

anybody know how many Feedbacks i need to get to get off EBay Probation? I can only post 10 items per month too, which is peanuts compared to what i have to list for sale & i also have a spending limit even though i have more funds available in my Paypal. By the time February comes around the cards i want to post, Mostly Trios, wont be as desirable & i wont get as much for them as i would right now. Any help is much appreciated.
    James

Sure is frustrating having an item you bid on get down to 10 seconds left & somebody swoops in & scams it from you!! Grrrrrrrr...

i wasnt saying anything other than its frustrating but i guess you just like to try to get under my skin, it seems to be a trend with you buy hey, keep up the good work!!

You closed the thread yourself, so I'll make a quick comment, archive the thread, and then move on.

You used the word "scam" to describe someone out bidding you at the last second. This infers that there is something dishonest about waiting until the last second to place your bid, and nothing could be further from the truth.

I agree with you that it's frustrating when that happens. Happened to me plenty of times.

When you pick a word like "scam" to describe the other bidder's actions, don't be surprised if someone takes exception to it. Language is important. Nothing dishonest or fraudulent about a late bid.