Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Laine & Roslovic for P.L. Dubois? Is this for real?

Wow, thats a bad deal for Winnipeg!! What were they thinking!! I probably wouldnt have traded Laine for Dubois straight up yet alone adding another player off your team roster for him. What you guys think?
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Columbus won that trade even though they had more disruption within their team with the trade demands. Hopefully all players involved can start performing to their ability.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this will be huge for Columbus and somewhat of a disappointment for Winnipeg. I think Roslovic will break out in Columbus

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think Torts is the one that should have been sent packing!! He is definitely a hard guy to play for & thats putting it mildly!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

What a bummer.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Both players got what they wanted, Roslovic goes home. If Torts doesn't get this team in shape, his name will be listed as part of the next "transaction."

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (48)
    Country

I for one love the trade.
    Current Wantlist:
    Hidden Content

Traders:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I for one love the trade.

You must be a Columbus fan. They definitely got the better deal for sure. Laine will make them a better team especially on the Power Play

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Laine sounded surprised he was traded, and said it was a bad fit because there was so much forward depth in WPG...
    So now he gets his wish of playing "1st line" minutes with Texier and Jenner, while drawing the opponents #1 checkers. For that he leaves line mates Stastney and Ehlers, as well as a first power play unit with Schiefele, Connor, Wheeler, and Morrisey.
    Based on pure talent I would say the Jets lost this trade, but so did Laine.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

When we come back to this one in 2 years, it's going to be clear that the Jets won the deal.

You know why this was a 2-for-1 ?? Because PLD was the best player in the trade, and teams who get the best player in a trade almost always win it.

Laine is a really good talent. Don't get me wrong. I'll be surprised if he ever hits 40 goals again.... and he doesn't do much without the puck. Dubois will probably never out-goal Laine, but he'll out-perform him in every other category. Unlike Stastney, this actually gives the Jets two very good pieces at C.

The wild card in this trade is attitude, of course. I don't think it would surprised anyone if either of these guys become unhappy with their situations again, and want to be traded again. If that were to happen... and the return gets worse... then what might have started out as a "win" in the deal, could turn into a loss.

There's a ton of people blasting the Jets, and how they got ripped off here.... but I suspect most of that is due to coverage. Laine scored 44 goals 3 seasons ago. He followed that up with 30, and 28 (and the 28 probably turns into a few more if the whole season was played last year, but he's still be below 35).

Everyone remembers how great he was in 2017-18 - but we ignore how pedestrian he's been since. If Laine was truly a superstar.... if he was a young version of Ovechkin or Brett Hull... I'd be right at the top of the list for people saying "to hell with the rest of the game, this guy can snipe!" - but he's not.

Dubois, nobody realizes how good this kid is, because he plays in Columbus... and the only time we watch the Blue Jackets is when we have to. He'd not going to be a superstar either, but he's got high end potential.... think Sean Couturier, Patrice Bergeron, Ryan O'Reilly. That type of player.

Jets didn't get taken at all here. They traded for a player that will very likely end up as the best player on their team, in very short order..... and they traded away a guy who peaked as a 20 year old.... and tossed in a useful bottom 6 forward.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast