Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1972/73 Comspec Basketball set

Hello, This is my first post. I recently had my full set graded by PSA. I plan on selling on Ebay. Is that the best place to sell? Also should I list the entire set or individually?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@kscalvino

First off...WOW!!!!! I would love to see pictures of that set. Actually, there are no images from that set in the SCF database, if you could scan them in it would be incredible!. You get rewards points for adding pictures to the database, so it's a win-win. If you don't want to take the time to add the pictures, but have scans, forward them on and I'll add them in.

What grades are the cards? The set seems to be pretty rare. I don't collect much basketball, so I'm not sure but there are no cards from that set on COMC right now and no images here so I'm guess they are.

OK to your question. You and only you can decide what is best but here is my thought process.

1. Selling individually may get you more money but there are factors that go into this. The grades and the players. Higher grades would obviously get you more money, but a low grade of a "common" player (although there isn't many in that set), may sell super cheap or worse, you may get stuck with a card you no longer want or it doesn't sell.

2. Selling as a complete set, in my opinion, allows for a price you chose for all of the cards and makes it easier for you in regards to shipping, insurance, fees to ebay, etc... One shot-one deal. But it also limits who can actually buy these cards.

3. Many of the big graded card sellers on eBay, and I can share their email addresses with you, contact others with large graded card sets to determine if there is any interest in selling collections, sets, etc.. They will buy the complete set from you, without you ever having to post it on eBay. You save Ebay fees. The reality here is they have a large pocketbook over the average user. They will break the set into it's individual parts and sell it on eBay. They are a business trying to make a profit so they will offer less than you would get on your own (most likely), but again, it's a done deal and you are paying for convenience and not losing money on ebay fees, etc... Also, the big dealers seem to get higher prices at auction than some lower mom and pop sellers. I have no idea why, but I check the sale price of a lot of graded cards and have noticed, they seem to sell at a higher price.

So to cap all this off, it's all about how much you want to make and how much headache you want to deal with.

As for best place to sell. If you are a PSA Member, you can post it in the collectors forum. As a new member, I need to check on the policies for you selling that here. eBay is where most things of that nature get sold. It's where I buy alot of my graded stuff, as people who collect graded cards know to go there.

I'm sure a few other folks will chime in.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Amazing and yes like krunchtyme says please show some of the Graded cards!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

The only card not shown is my Pete Maravich, which I have in a different location.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

WOW. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome set! Great looking cards too!!!!!!

What did you decide to do?