Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Alabama Crimson Tide New York Yankees Miami Dolphins
    Twitter: @@cardboardglory See cardboardglory's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

Since the influx of new investors has anyone experienced....

Since the influx of new investors into the hobby has experienced a massive uptick in shoddy shipping and generally receiving cards not as described? I've literally have had to return seven of the eight cards I've ordered off of eBay because they were ruined by shoddy shipping (6) and just not as described (1) "like new" One seller I was really shocked because they've been in the game for awhile but were still trying to ship defective goods. On the one hand I love the new interest on the other hand I hate the rise up ™™™™ty customer service. Knowing how to ship cards should be 101 Basics if just not from a business standpoint of losing money with every return shipping label.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots
    See zeke_at_bryant's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I feel your pain. People coming int the hobby to make a buck and have no concern for the condition of the item. Sad times unfortunately. This too shall pass.
    Always looking for Patriots Jerseys/Autos!

Hidden Content - For Trade / For Sale
    Hidden Content - Patriots PC

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope so. Most were cards that were way under valued and got cheap the photos looked good enough to take a gamble but the packaging was atrocious. Two cards I really wanted for the PC were so disfigured by the amateur shipping I cried. How do you even ship a Rickey Henderson RC PWE with no top loader?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

It is sad what people are doing these days to make a buck and ship in PWE or charge crazy prices for shipping.

I have always tried to get rid of dinged cards. If it is a older card of a star I may sale it was a lot reduced prize and still shipping in penny saver not in a PWE with just paper wrapped around the card.

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    Twitter: @Nsloki See nobodyweirdlikeme's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Received this. Couldn't believe the items inside weren't destroyed or stolen. Love the "Received in Damaged Condition" Tape. I am guessing it was not dropped off in that condition.
    Also, I had a package shipped to me end up in Germany. I live in massachusetts......cards were coming from albany NY.....Literally 35 miles away and somehow it ended up in Germany and I still have not received it nor have they paid the seller his insurance claim on it. Luckily he was a good seller and refunded me oin it,

My main focus is 90s star inserts/refractors in any sport but will also look at RCs, Color Refractors/Prizms and #'d of JRod, Witt, Ohtani, Carroll, Griffey, Jeter, Trout, Acuna, Jordan, Lebron, Luka, Ja, Ant, Brady, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts and any other star rookies/prospects
    Any Kobe Bryant Esp. Rookie Year Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Received this. Couldn't believe the items inside weren't destroyed or stolen. Love the "Received in Damaged Condition" Tape. I am guessing it was not dropped off in that condition.
    Also, I had a package shipped to me end up in Germany. I live in massachusetts......cards were coming from albany NY.....Literally 35 miles away and somehow it ended up in Germany and I still have not received it nor have they paid the seller his insurance claim on it. Luckily he was a good seller and refunded me oin it,

When I see crumpled packages I expect the worse. Yeah mails got pretty screwy over the holidays I watched a package sit in Lancaster for three weeks wind up in Washington state while the seller was from Chicago not as bad as Germany but still. This seller was kind of an ™™™ about it,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Also not as bad as Germany but I had a few packages from 4_sharp corners in Walpole Mass make a stop in Purto Rico for a two week vacation before arriving to me in Texas. Seems almost every purchase from them the USPS likes to sit on it for a while in some random city that’s kinda on the way or send it some where crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins New York Mets
    COMC Cards For Sale

I think the "received in damaged condition" applies from one PO to another. Also, I ship out of the Albany PO and so far everything's been OK. It's the main one and I figure I go the extra distance to eliminate one stop changing hands. Anytime I do PWE I pay the extra few cents and do Non-machinable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders NULL NULL
    See clk823's Items on eBay

4 sharp corners are a bit slow, but i haven't had any trouble to speak of with them, what gets me is the asking price on ebay for a card that beckett has listed for equal or less, i think some of these sellers are out of there minds, you go to watch a card and they send you a BIN offer for 88 cents less, im the guy who replys with, what gives you the right to over price your cards, i offer a bit less than beckett this to include freight, whats everyone's thought on beckett verses ebay pricing, which one would you go by, many cards i get get i want to turn around and trade them, with this being said paying 20.00 for valued card at 20.00 Beckett says then adding a freight price helps no one,
    Ebay Card Value Should Be Traded on Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love *.Anytime I do PWE I pay the extra few cents and do Non-machinable.* has anyone tried the new trading card envelopes for sports cards that eBay is using with tracking under $1.00?
    https://pages.ebay.com/ebaystandardenvelope/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast