Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

PSA 10 OVY YG just sold for 6275.00 CDN. That has to be a new record!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I listed my PSA 10 Young Guns on Kijiji for fun last week. Ovie, Matthews Marner Draisaitl, and BGS 9.5 Crosby and McDavid. I listed them at what they were selling for last week. Had a lot of interest, and surprisingly good offers on them, but I didn't sell them. Now I see Ovie has gone up $500cdn since I listed it last week. Had an offer of $5500cdn for it but I passed. An Ovie sold for $6500cdn on ebay! Marner sold for over $800cdn recently. Matthews is hovering around $1500cdn. Draisaitl is going nuts. When should I sell? Lol I cant believe what is happening, but it sure is fun to watch.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When should I sell? That is the million dollar question. I imagine this will go in cycles as the urge to cash in gets too big, especially for the more ordinary players. If you can get $1000 for a PSA 10 Toffoli how could anyone resist selling?
    As for the superstars like Ovy and McDavid...how high can they go???

SCF Rewards
    Country

This thread is awesome! Great feedback and comments. The Ovi PSA 10, had you bought that same card a month or two ago, you would have more than doubled your money. This is exactly what I am talking about, the prices are surging with no end in sight. Where does it stop? Sounds like it should go on for a while yet, based on comparing to other markets, mass production numbers vs low numbers for hockey. Just seems that hockey is finally getting the love it deserves. I think it is long overdue for a Gretzky RC to command a few thousand dollars, I remember looking at his RCs a couple years, it was actually shameful how low the prices were. His BV stuck at $900 forever, and it seems you needed a pretty fine copy of his RC to get the full $900 - not anymore. Some of the PSA1s that are selling for a grand or more, wrinkled, bent, chewed corners - kinda crazy!
    I pulled a McDavid Platinum RC Rainbow auto card, a huge pull back then, but the value sat ridiculously low. No interest at all in selling it, but it has probably gone10X it's value the past few weeks.
    Is great for the hobby, exciting to watch, and no idea where it will peak. sjw421, I would say anytime now is the right time, they could still go higher, I am far from an expert, but I have to think they are closing in on the ceiling. Sell, and stop looking at listings in case they do go higher!
    Last edited by scarrman; 02-04-2021 at 01:45 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See navarrofat's Items on eBay

It’s not just the top tier guys either. I have duplicates of Kyle Connor and Konecny YGs I’ve been holding onto and to see them selling raw for $50 and $30 respectively is pretty crazy.

It’s mostly YGs and SP Authentic getting all the hobby love when it comes to modern hockey cards. Hockey card channels are growing on YouTube also and I think that’s bringing some younger collectors into the hobby.

I have to add the investment side of it is pretty fun. Sometime in the last year I bought a Mackinnon YG Canvas BGS 9.5 strictly as an investment, for $150. Close to the most I have ever spent on one card, and now to see what it is selling for is pretty mind blowing! It just keeps going up and up every time I check on eBay. I have no idea how long this will go but it is fun.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins

It's a sellers market right now. Now is not the time to be buying, but to be selling. Even on kijiji, I'm getting top dollar for what are basically lower end rookies and inserts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

This thread is awesome! Great feedback and comments. The Ovi PSA 10, had you bought that same card a month or two ago, you would have more than doubled your money. This is exactly what I am talking about, the prices are surging with no end in sight. Where does it stop? Sounds like it should go on for a while yet, based on comparing to other markets, mass production numbers vs low numbers for hockey. Just seems that hockey is finally getting the love it deserves. I think it is long overdue for a Gretzky RC to command a few thousand dollars, I remember looking at his RCs a couple years, it was actually shameful how low the prices were. His BV stuck at $900 forever, and it seems you needed a pretty fine copy of his RC to get the full $900 - not anymore. Some of the PSA1s that are selling for a grand or more, wrinkled, bent, chewed corners - kinda crazy!
    I pulled a McDavid Platinum RC Rainbow auto card, a huge pull back then, but the value sat ridiculously low. No interest at all in selling it, but it has probably gone10X it's value the past few weeks.
    Is great for the hobby, exciting to watch, and no idea where it will peak. sjw421, I would say anytime now is the right time, they could still go higher, I am far from an expert, but I have to think they are closing in on the ceiling. Sell, and stop looking at listings in case they do go higher!

I listed the Ovechkin PSA 10 on Kijiji today. Got an ok offer within ten minutes. Listed it for $6400 and someone offered $5400. I declined the offer but at the same time was surprised to get that kind of offer from Kijiji.
    I’ll think about listing on ebay but the fees are gonna be crazy. Lol.
    Either way it’ll be a nice profit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

This is double last year's price

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

It’s not just the top tier guys either. I have duplicates of Kyle Connor and Konecny YGs I’ve been holding onto and to see them selling raw for $50 and $30 respectively is pretty crazy.

It’s mostly YGs and SP Authentic getting all the hobby love when it comes to modern hockey cards. Hockey card channels are growing on YouTube also and I think that’s bringing some younger collectors into the hobby.

I have an extra Toffoli YG from a bunch of tins I bought during a sale a few years ago. It's now a 50CAD card!!
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

PSA 10 OVY YG just sold for 6,275.00 CDN. That has to be a new record!

Latest PSA 10 sale: $7,025.00 CDN

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast