Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Latest PSA 10 sale: $7,025.00 CDN

I’m glad my deal fell through. Had mine sold for $6000 and the buyer backed out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I have a bunch of BGS 9.5 McDavids and Matthews .... maybe I should be submitting them to PSA?

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I have a bunch of BGS 9.5 McDavids and Matthews .... maybe I should be submitting them to PSA?

Hard to say...I have a BGS 9.5 of Ovy, 3 x 9.5 and 1x10...one would think that would equal a PSA 10?? The value difference is a lot!

It is weird though because I think a lot of BGS 9.5 cards are probably better condition than PSA 10s...but American's love PSA and they are driving the market, so...I don't know...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

It doesnt look like anytime soon thats for sure. I'm watching guys pay $200 for a Suzuki YG that will be worth $50 in a few years, (suckers). I watched a Pastrnak YG sell for $600 & Draisaitl for over $500 & those aren't the Graded ones. Its crazy right now!! Covid-19 must be eating brain cells too!! & there are many victims...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

@odjickfan -That pretty much says it all right there

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

He bought a card for 400k and sold it for 4M...doesn't seem so bad? lol

The bubble will probably burst for most cards but money can be made obviously.

7k for Ovechkin seems crazy for hockey collectors but that is what an over produced football Prizm parallel rookie of Justin Herbert goes for. It's all about the right player and the right time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He bought a card for 400k and sold it for 4M...doesn't seem so bad? lol

The bubble will probably burst for most cards but money can be made obviously.

7k for Ovechkin seems crazy for hockey collectors but that is what an over produced football Prizm parallel rookie of Justin Herbert goes for. It's all about the right player and the right time.

Totally agree. Hockey pops for our 1% is not crazy like all other sports.

Stick with that 1% for investment purposes if you want, the others are what we can call our "hobby" if we can still call it that
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

What is going on with card pricing. Particularly RC pricing. Gretzky RCs are through the roof, trash condition PSA1s have broken the $1,000 mark. Ungraded cards are going for huge dollars. PSA2 grades are pushing 2 grand and on up from there. I mean it is about time, but these prices are skyrocketing. Pull out your time machine, you don't have to go back more than a few months, and cards were a quarter of what they are at right now.

Same goes for just about any RC, UD Young Guns, Crosby/Ovechkin. What you paid for a BGS 9.5 last year is less than what a BGS 9.0 goes for now.

Old sets/new sets, old RCs/new RCs, all up, up, up.

Now I am not complaining, it's great for the hobby, especially great if you are a seller, and tough if you are a buyer. Where does it end?

Starting to think my cards might actually have some decent retirement value!

BTW, there is this COVID thing going on and unemployment numbers are huge and people are broke - who is buying all these cards?

Sounds good to me. I have a nice stack of vintage cards from the 50's and 60's that will grade 8.5 at the very least, they're essentially pack fresh. I just haven't got them graded yet because the turnaround on graded cards is ridiculous, so I figured I would try to sell them raw for a little less first instead of sending them off to be graded.

As far as COVID, people are getting stimulus checks and on top of that have a lot of time on their hands, so if someone collects cards they'll be spending more time online and money buying/selling/trading.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Auston Matthews inscribed FWA currently at $9,300 bidding with 4 days left in auction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast