Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do we want this bubble to burst?

I feel bad being that guy. Sort of anyways. You know, the guy that wants the bubble to burst. Maybe not into a million little vaporized pieces. Maybe not where dental records are needed to identify the hobby. But probably just enough for it to remain on life-support for a bit to be revived later.
    Lately I’ve been reading a few posts on here and other forums. Those posts are leading me to believe there are more of you that feel the same way. My original thought was to vent and list some things that I’ve seen & experienced that made me feel this way. But then I just decided to keep it simple. So I’m just asking who wants the bubble to burst? Yes or no. Inevitably people will want to give examples of why. At that time maybe I’ll chime in as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nope. Why would you want to kill the golden goose?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Iowa Hawkeyes

Never!!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nope. Why would you want to kill the golden goose?

So you can actually get product at a affordable price. As many echo they cannot pick up any retail as they have been priced out of hobby boxes. Some of us have never been in the hobby for the money. So do we really care if the bubbles burst. I could care less if it burst or not. Just my two cents.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia Flyers FIU Panthers
    See haveuseenmypants's Items on eBay Instagram:

I'm on the fence. I would like to be able to find blasters at Target again, that's for sure. The local Targets have a new system because everyone figured out the Excell rep's route and just stalked him when he showed up at each Target. Now you have to sign in and be placed in a "virtual" line in order to get product. Problem is most of the stores don't limit what can be purchased, so if the first guy in line says he wants every Topps Chrome Update Mega Box, he gets them. I showed up at 8 when the store opened one day to get my name on the list and the employee taking the names told me I was likely out of luck because the other people had been lined up in the parking lot since 2:30 AM. Sorry, I love cards but that's ridiculous.
    All that being said, I'm loving the resale prices of the product. I'm a set builder, so I mainly want base and PC stuff. If I get color, SP, autos, anything else, I instantly resell it in order to fund my next purchase, which lately has only been hobby because retail is, well...see above.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I don't sell anything, I stopped buying wax, but I do buy singles. Pricing (hockey side) is going up just like any other sport. Sucks to have to pay more so I have tempered my buying a bit.

Great to see values going up though, card values overall sat stagnant for way too long so good to see some recognition of their "truer" values, but some have gone over the top. Would like to see things settle a bit, but this ride is going for a while yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I don't sell anything, I stopped buying wax, but I do buy singles. Pricing (hockey side) is going up just like any other sport. Sucks to have to pay more so I have tempered my buying a bit.

Great to see values going up though, card values overall sat stagnant for way too long so good to see some recognition of their "truer" values, but some have gone over the top. Would like to see things settle a bit, but this ride is going for a while yet.

That's bit more towards my line of thinking. I feel maybe when the question was asked, it was taken a bit to the extreme. Using the phrase "burst" probably did not help. I used that because it had been used on several threads on various boards and seemed to fit. Certainly I don't want to kill any golden gooses. They're quite fragile and take too long to raise. And I don't wish any ill will to those making good money right now on this wave. If something is working for you, then that's good for you.
    For some reason, what keeps coming to my mind is the housing market of the early 2000's. The value of my home more than doubled in less than 24 months. Great! Personally I don't have enough knowledge to explain very well who it hurt and why. But I do know that it was unhealthy growth. Right now my home is worth what it should be compared to what I paid for it in '99. Problem is the mayhem that a lot of people went through during that adjustment.
    Right now there's too much nonsense going through the roof. There's no doubt in my mind that certain stuff is and always should be hard to afford. And there's the stuff that's affordable but you still have to step up to the plate a bit. But the pricing on a lot is just unsustainable (both high & low end). It needs to and probably will be adjusted. And if some people don't get hurt then it probably isn't enough. Sadly, that's how I feel it will be.