Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Current state of Luka cards...

Luka's rookie cards have been dipping slightly in price. What do you think are the main reasons for this happening? There are probably several things at play here. He has been putting up good numbers this year. Averaging 28/8.5/9.5

Seems like some people are getting and nervous and selling? Seeing a card like this at auction makes me believe that is the case

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm going to guess people thought that the Mavs could take a step forward this direction and be "contenders" but Luka came into the season "fat and out of shape" and the Mavericks don't look like they will make any noise this postseason so all the investors are dumping now so they don't really lose anything. Remember if you buy a card for $100 and it is going for $700 and dips to $500 and you sell it you are still looking at making $400 on the card even though you "lost money" from when it was $700.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm going to guess people thought that the Mavs could take a step forward this direction and be "contenders" but Luka came into the season "fat and out of shape" and the Mavericks don't look like they will make any noise this postseason so all the investors are dumping now so they don't really lose anything. Remember if you buy a card for $100 and it is going for $700 and dips to $500 and you sell it you are still looking at making $400 on the card even though you "lost money" from when it was $700.

Yea, good point. I think they need to add some pieces to that roster to really compete they are in bad shape right now...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I think the Mavs over performed last season and will need some more pieces before they can move forward in the West. Will that ever actually happen who knows but the people investing in these young players cards are learning the valuable lesson that unless your team wins or you win an MVP (and your team has to be good to actually get it) your card prices won't continue to climb.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I think the Mavs over performed last season and will need some more pieces before they can move forward in the West. Will that ever actually happen who knows but the people investing in these young players cards are learning the valuable lesson that unless your team wins or you win an MVP (and your team has to be good to actually get it) your card prices won't continue to climb.

Yes, I have a feeling there will be a lot of expensive lessons learned over the next year or so once these young guys start flaming out. Not Luka, I think he's a good one here to stay but some of the other guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

4 game winning streak and his career high in points last night

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw this graphic recently
    Attached Images Attached Images