Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

what price would be for 07-08 UD series one Ygs only

Looking to see what set of 2007-08 UD series one yg's would go for, any thoughts lmk

thanks
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Being a set doesnt increase the value at all.

Look at the key guys ( grade them if you have the patience and they look good ), but all your value is right here:

Kane
    Price
    Backstrom
    Halak

Everyone else its safe to average them out at $1 a piece. Sure a few guys that will demand a bit more, but a ton ( prob close to 30 ) that youll have a tough time moving
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking to see what set of 2007-08 UD series one yg's would go for, any thoughts lmk

thanks
    jim

As stated - being an entire set doesn't give the cards anymore value than they're worth individually.... I mean if you can find a complete set with the YG's then that's your answer because the base set is worth nothing...

Look, break out your calculator, then look up every YG in the set on eBay, find the median average sale for each card and add them all up and you will find your answer...

If anything they would be worth significantly less as a complete set than they would be individually.. I mean not many collectors collect YG complete sets (or even base sets for that matter), and those that do generally enjoy putting the sets together themselves because that's the point...

I would presume a complete set would be worth maybe 75% of their individual value if sold as a set. I mean if I were in the market for a set I would just give you a fair offer on the key cards and would expect you to toss the rest in as an added bonus, I mean I wouldn't pay extra for cards I don't want.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

thanks for the imput, was thinking very much the same, sell the better hi end yg and then average out the other about 1-2$ each.

I am looking at maybe selling my 07-08 up to 14-15 UD yg sets, or at least move the better ones and see what I can do/get with the average or common yg's.

Mulling things over, thanks for advise guys/gals

jim

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

[CHARGE]
      If anything they would be worth significantly less as a complete set than they would be individually.. I mean not many collectors collect YG complete sets (or even base sets for that matter), and those that do generally enjoy putting the sets together themselves because that's the point...

[/CHARGE]

Jim
    Actually selling as a set does increase the value because of the 'piggy back' effect. The sum is worth more than the parts and if you were to break the set you'd be stuck with most of the Young Guns. However, because that set contains some high end rookies and a few others that have upside there are buyers who would purchase the entire lot. Simply decide what what amount you want for the big cards and then add an additional nominal charge for the remaining cards. I'm willing to bet you'll find buyers and you won't get stuck with a bunch of YG's that have little or no appeal. I totally disagree that the set as a whole doesn't have more value simply because if you attempted to sell those lower end cards individually you'll find that some of them have no value at all. Hope that helps.

Joe
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 02-20-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

thanks joe

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the imput, was thinking very much the same, sell the better hi end yg and then average out the other about 1-2$ each.

I am looking at maybe selling my 07-08 up to 14-15 UD yg sets, or at least move the better ones and see what I can do/get with the average or common yg's.

Mulling things over, thanks for advise guys/gals

jim

Well I don't know how much demand there is for the no-name players, if you really want to get rid of them you're going to have to sell them in YG lots or card lots in general with some other semi-star YG's or perhaps some inserts.. That's what I would do... You know: "buy some stars and semi-stars and get some free YG's", lol... Well, at least you know which players panned out and which ones didn't.. I made the mistake of selling my 2016-17 Young Guns in lots and I really regret it because I had a lot of "late bloomers" that I essentially sold for nothing... Brayden Point, Zach Werenski, Sergachev, Hyman, Konecny, Strome etc.... Yea, not good lol..

I mean Point came out of absolutely nowhere, the kid was a 3rd round pick I believe? the card booked for 5 bucks for like a year, then of course right after I auction them off in lots in which I got way less than what I expected BOOM, all those guys start shooting the moon... SMH